Just want to clarify something about beta.

Guest MrBigBargin

Guest MrBigBargin

OK.. I'm upgrading from alpha 2 to the new beta... I checked the update document and it says:

Upload every file to your server with

exception to:

includes/global.inc.php

// For each shipping/gateway/affilaite module

modules/xxx/config.inc.php

Does this mean to exclude the shipping, gateway, and affiliate config.inc.php files as well as the includes/global.inc.php or to INCLUDE them? I know I have to exclude the includes/global.inc.php but the second line is kind of confusing...... or it might just be too early in the morning for me... I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet hehehe.

Also... I'm gonna back up my database anyway.. but if I just upload the new files is the site gonna work fine with the current database or will I have to import it? If I'm thinking correwct on this I am not using the install method... just uploading the new pages.. so it shouldn't change the DB at all right......... again.... I haven't had my cvoffee yet so be gentle ehhe

the globals.inc file dont upload unless u know all ur database details user,pass,host etc better to just not upload it

gateways modules contain the data to connect to ur various payment gateways as well i think but not 100% on that

Guest MrBigBargin

Cool.. I haven't set up my gateways yet so it should be no problem then if I upload them...

I was just wondering if maybe the shipping files were changed or anyhting and that's why we should or shouldn't upload them.