Stop the add to cart?

Guest vrakas

Guest vrakas

Hi there,

i know this is strange but is there a way i can stop the cart from operating but not the products from showing.

I have a client that does not need or want to process any products online but he likes to use this program for displaying his products with prices.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance :(

this should be an easy 1 i think just need to go thru code and remove all lines that display the add to cart button.

Wont disable the cart but if they cant add items or view cart would that be ok?

That would do the trick but which file should i edit or look for?

Thanks again

look in view_product.php around line 220-229 where you will find this:

<td width=\"33%\" height=\"30\" background=\"images/grey_bev.gif\">$la_view_prod_code $product</td>

<td height=\"30\" align=\"right\" valign=\"middle\" background=\"images/grey_bev.gif\">$la_order_quan: <INPUT TYPE=\"text\" class=\"textbox\" size=\"3\" value=\"1\" name=\"quan\"></td>

<td height=\"30\" align=\"center\" background=\"images/grey_bev.gif\" align=\"right\" valign=\"middle\">

<table width=\"94\" height=\"24\" border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\">

<tr valign=\"middle\">

<td height=\"24\" width=\"94\" background=\"images/white_button.gif\" valign=\"middle\" align=\"center\" style='cursor:hand;' onClick='add_product.submit();'><a href='#'><font class=\"wht_btn\">$la_add_to_basket</font></a></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td></form>
 and replace with this for a neat display:
   	 <td width=\"33%\" height=\"30\" background=\"images/grey_bev.gif\" colspan='2'>$la_view_prod_code $product</td>

</form>

You should also remove the shopping basket from your right side boxes.... (check in subfooter.inc.php wher you will find include("check_sum.php") and remove that)

Guest vrakas

Thanks for the reply Mobie but i searched i beleive everywhere and i could not find these files (view_product.php and subfooter.inc.php).

If you could be so kind to direct me to folders and subfolders in order to find these php files it would be appreciated.

Thanks again :cry:

they are both in your main folder or upload folder if you went sraight from zip file bud

Doh!! just noticed u using v3 will get back 2 u on it

they are both in your main folder or upload folder if you went sraight from zip file bud

Doh!! just noticed u using v3 will get back 2 u on it

DOH!

Didn't see that one either...... :cry:

Ok

open viewCat.tpl which can be found in \skins\Classic\styleTemplates\content

<!-- BEGIN: buy_btn -->

<input type="hidden" name="add" value="{PRODUCT_ID}" />

<input type="hidden" name="quan" value="1" /><a href="javascript:document.prod{PRODUCT_ID}.submit();" target="_self" class="txtButton">{BTN_BUY}</a><!-- END: buy_btn -->

Just delete that.

Now open viewProd.tpl and find at lines 63-68 
	<div style="position: relative; text-align: right;">{LANG_QUAN} 

<input name="quan" type="text" value="1" size="2" class="textbox" style="text-align:center;">

<!-- BEGIN: buy_btn -->

<a href="javascript:document.addtobasket.submit();" class="txtButton">{BTN_ADDBASKET}</a>

<!-- END: buy_btn -->

</div>

and delete that too...

Guest vrakas

Mobie Thanks,

that worked like a charm :cry:

I thought i was going crazy not been able to find a file :errm:

Thanks again as this way it opens a new horizon for the CubeCart and will work now like a content managment application.

I assume that i can do the same with all skins, correct?

Mobie Thanks,

that worked like a charm :cry:

I thought i was going crazy not been able to find a file :errm:

Thanks again as this way it opens a new horizon for the CubeCart and will work now like a content managment application.

I assume that i can do the same with all skins, correct?

No problem, glad to be of help and as far as your Q goes; that is correct, you can do the same in all templates.