Best imaging software??????

Guest OskMedia

Guest OskMedia

whats thebest imaging software .....one with most options etc

I use Fireworks and GIMP

Never really used photoshop ....anyone know anything else most pro etc

I find Paint Shop Pro 9 to do all I need :errm:

I did try Adobe Photoshop, although it was a good program it was far to complex for what I was doing, not to mention the processor power it needed to load.

Fireworks is good but I need to do more that what thats got to offer at the moment, but maybe I am not looking hard enough :cry:

Regards,

Paul

I find that there is not one program necessary to do all things. For general editing I use Paint Shop Pro but don't need its functionality all the time so I use LView Pro to do lesser tasks like making GIF backgrounds transparent. For really simple tasks like batch converting and simple viewing I use Irfan View. It's very good, quick and best of all it's free.

I find Paint Shop Pro 9 to do all I need :cry:

I did try Adobe Photoshop, although it was a good program it was far to complex for what I was doing, not to mention the processor power it needed to load.l

Running 3.4 P4 HT 800 FSB w/ 1Gb RAM.... Think it can handle it :errm:

Running 3.4 P4 HT 800 FSB w/ 1Gb RAM.... Think it can handle it

I think you can too but I only have an AMD Athlon Thunderbird (I think) which is about 3 yrs young now :cry:

I think I need a new one hehe

Regards,

Paul

Guest OskMedia

I use a AMD Athlon 1.8 ghz and a P4 2.9 ghz ......but Adobe Photoshop 9 / CS2 whatever you want to call it is BY far the best i have found....pro editing ....really nice i like it.

"F" Fireworks doesn't have enough power to do anything

Photoshop is nice. Its taken me a year to just learn some basics though ;)

I still dont know how to do fillets, oops, CAD term, Rounded edges I guess I can call them.

Guest OskMedia

photoshop very complex.....fireworks is VERY limited....for instance that globe thingy you uised ot have ....could you create that in fireworks...ehhh either veyr hard and would not turn out as good as if it was in photoshop...pic rendering...filters galore.....updates etc...plain pro

Guest OskMedia

one last comment imaging software is not really web desgin....web desgin is like dreamweaver...but the best websites on the net alll have great images