Backup

Guest vrakas

Guest vrakas

Hi there,

i would like to know how and what to backup my CubeCart.

After the cart has been setup for a client and he/she installs products etc i dont wish to have the responsibility of the backup on their behalf so i would like the clients to do this procedure.

What/which files and or database is needed and how can i perform this backup?

Thanks in advance :P

PS: please if possible in details the procedure ;)

Huh thats how i make my bread and butter as a web designer offering maintenance contracts which includes back ups is a guaranteed monthly pay packet???

Guest vrakas

Ok evilhomer then if its just bread and butter you get it must be sweet :)

but that didnt answer my question so i imagine you are going to let me know....please :( or not?

Whatever the answer is thanks in advance :P you have allready helped me out with other stuff i needed so i cant complain ;)

from what i have heard brooky is looking into making the backup facility available in the final release.

So as long as your not using cc3 on live store yet shouldnt cause you a problem as you can backup your files thru phpmyadmin in ur cpanel

Guest twisted

I have an auto backup script that I made avaialbe in the downloads section.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?download=123

If you want clients to handle their own backups, this is probably a good bet for you. They need to set up a cron job in their cpanel, but the mod includes instructions on how to do that. It is cubecart version independant.