Tell a friend doesn't work

Guest Cyberious

Guest Cyberious

**** UPDATED *****

SCRATCH THIS - IT WORKS, JUST TAKES LONGER TO RECIEVE... SORRY ABOUT THAT!

-------------

I searched for this here and in the bugs, but no posts.

When you use the 'Tell a friend' form, it doesn't send any emails...

Anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you !~ ;)

Guest vrakas

I had the same problem and what i did was changed the email i was using [email protected] to the default one (the one that is created with your hosting solution) mine was ex:[email protected].

Not that i am happy with this solution but that made it work for now, until someone figures out a solution with this email stuff ;)

Guest Cyberious

Actually, it works fine from here, just takes a bit longer.

I was using my actual email address to send (ISP email) and sending to another real email address, not one on the hosting server.

It may have actually been my ISP. I only tested once, so if my ISP had a problem while I was testing, that would have slowed things down. Also, some ISP's filter emails, so the filtering process may have taken a bit - this is sometimes done automatically to detect Spam and/or email viruses. So, if an email with your ISP's mail address is being sent from an outside source, such as a website, it will probably be "checked" before being allowed to pass through.