Modules for ver.3?

Hi,

I have finally found a desent cart! I have been having trouble on which of zencart or oscommerce I should use but then I found cubecart!

It has xhtml/CSS and really easy to change! Great stuff!!

But...Which modules can I actually use for version 3? None of them or? I feel that the modules are spread all over the forum and has no structure to it..

For example this one which I need: Free Ship v.1...Will it work on ver.3? I tried it but the files was not at the right place...

Thanks! / gnolen

Guest ladyofdragons

I'm new here too, but it seems that version 3 hasn't been around long enough for anyone to start converting their mods. There's some big changes between the two versions, which might be the reason.

the downloads section is structured, but it lacks the version 3 sections as of yet.

basically, until v3 final is released, its unlikely brooky will introduce a v3 mods section as they are likely to change.

re v2-v3, ALL mods will have to be re-written to some extent as v3 is so different.

As v3 has more shipping options built in, some of the v2 mods may become redundant anyway.

For example this one which I need: Free Ship v.1...Will it work on ver.3? I tried it but the files was not at the right place...

As Sculptex said, many v2 mods are already included in the v3 default package... including the free shipping mod :rolleyes:

Guest ebabybox

Ok

I tried zen cart ... found it to be too difficult to make the changes to add all the UK zones and the uk tax info etc so just gave up!

I tried oscommerce aswell, they have a good reputation and have seen there sites working, but there was something I didnt like about it so I dumped it, cube cart was the first one I tried and although am having a few hold ups with the images after half a days work I am ready to add my products which based on what I have already tried will only take two hours.

V3 is new and that will be why you are finding it difficult to get the information but I think we all pass it on as we find it.

I have asked some questions almost all have been resolved withn hours this may not be a full on support forum but the support is there.

Hang in with it, I would personally recommend cc v3 to all but would point out its new and a lot diff from v2 which I first installed.

I do agree that being able to turn modules on and off from admin would be good!

But in time will get there :P The forums just need a bit of a browse chances are someone has already answered it.

Esp in small business Cubecart is perfect! Quickl and easy to install and configure.

I think once up day to day running will make my life so much easier that the add ons are worth the wait.

Now your all bored I am gonna go!