First Design - Need your ideas!

Guest WebServant

Not really much to say its cubecart u need to design work on site first

anguage box has line of code at bottom when you open other than that images are to big for 800x600 so u have to scroll left and right

maybe have a word with twisted he is a graphics god and his designs are out of this world and worth every penny!!!!

damn, nice job!

Completly agree!!! That really is a good design :)

Wish I could do something along those lines ;) but my day will come :P

Regards,

Paul

Guest twisted

y?

u need to do something b4 peeps will comment its just a standard cart.

Well...he WAS asking for ideas/suggestions.

anguage box has line of code at bottom when you open

It would appear that the language box is pulling hte language names from the folders inside your language folder.

the _vti_cnf is a folder put there from front page extensions. Its not needed. Delete it.

Next thing I would do, is get yourself a graphics program.

As homer says, your images are too big. I would optimise them...at the very least, make them smaller. For category images, you really don;t need anything bigger than about 150px on the longest side...max!

Unless you're really in love with the concept of splash pages...i would lose that too.

If you really want to keep it, make it primarily text based..............think "FAST".

Next.....start playing around with the aforementioned graphics program.

Make Yourself Some Graphics!

Get away from the cubecart look. You don;t want your store to look like every other cubecart. [sarcasm]If you are happy with that.....you'd love oscommerce.[/sarcasm]

Thats the biggest part of personalizing your cubecart store....adding your own grpahics, and making the dsign your own.

I'm alos not a big fan of those tabs at the top. Lose them and make thenm text links, and then put them somewhere else...like in the new header your going to make with said graphics program. ;)

Without wishing to sound like I am blowing my own horn, might I suggest you take a visit to my site and see the various things that can be done to customise your store. If nothing else, I'm sure it may provide you with some inspiration.

http://designscubed.com

Thats all................................for now. :)