Unable to assign product attributes?

Guest bigMac

Guest bigMac

Hi

I installed and managed to configure some of the aspects of CC 3 on my server to fit my needs.

The thing that I am having trouble with is that when I do the following:

1. Create an option (for example option1)

2. Create option attributes (for example attr1, attr2 assigned to option1)

3. Choose product from drop-down list

4. Assign option1 and attr1 to the product, choose "add" and press Add Product Option

I get the following:

1. At the top of the page there's a message: "Option attribute added."

2. The rest of the information remains the same, with the info: "No option have been assigned to any products."

None of the changes are reflected neither the website nor in the admin panel.

Q1: What am I doing wrong? I was looking for any documentation on the aforementioned topic, read FAQ and searched the forums--looks like I'm the only one with such a problem, which makes me think I do it wrong and that I do not understand how I should assign these properties.

Q2: Should I modify some other settings to be able to assign new properties to products??

Q3: How about adding the choice of predefined properties to the "Add new product" form itself? Makes much more sense.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I am using unmodified 3.0.0 Beta, fresh download from the server (from yesterday)

Matt

Guest bigMac

Anybody?

Am I supposed to do another clean install and check what is going wrong? I just did some configuration and language file editing. Maybe someone could just give me an idea what I'm doing wrong--for example I do not understand why an option has an attribute AND yet there's an option amount? What is the amount for? Let's say I have an option "buttons" and want to input "3"--is this how it's supposed to work (when it works at all)?

Still, as long as "brown" is an exclusive attribute of "color", why does the form display mixed attributes, so that when let's say "color" is chosen, I can still select let's say "plastic" which is not an attribute of this option?

Is this a bug or what? Thanks for any support.

Matt

Guest bigMac

OK

I installed my 3.0.0 Beta on another server, different host. Exactly the same situation as described in my first post, except this time it was done on a clean install. Any method of trying to assign product options failed--I used the default product that shows up after the installation.

Sorry, I am reporting this case as a bug, because no one wanted to comment on this.

Matt