Virus??

Hi all,

I have recently started having the following problem.

When I boot my machine and open up internet explorer for the first time, about 20 seconds later a Full Screen popup window opens called "Search The Web". It covers the Windows taskbar and also has no toolbar or buttons to close. I don't know where it's coming from, I have my home page set to Yahoo UK and have changed it but to no avail.

The only way to close this page it to ctrl+alt+del and use the task manager to end the application.

Is this a virus and if so how do I remove it as my Nortan antivirus is not picking it up and I have kept my scanner updated with the latest definitions.

Thanks

Paul

Ryan is the man about this kind of stuff. Recently I somehow managed to get a browser hijacker on my work machine. Try also adaware from http://www.lavasoft.de and I think they have a program somewhere called hijackthis or something.

If the problem remains the support forums there are second to none. "Hell brooky thats a way to promote your own..." <_<

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. I ran spybot last night and removed some spyware and that seems to have solved it. Also installed a firewall now to beef up security.

Thanks again

Paul