Can we start filling the db before final release?

Guest designsolutions

Guest designsolutions

Hi guys,

Just a quickie... We're building a site based on CC3, and although we have told our client that the software isn't stable yet, they wondered if they can start uploading photos and descriptions (there are lots) ready for the CC3 final release.

My question is this... Will the new code be compatible with the existing database, or will the tables be different? (Brooky has just announced some major changes) At least if they can start working on the content, I could stall them for a while before going live.

Cheers,

Chris ;)

• 2 weeks later...

best guess = yeah no probs go straight ahead nothing to worry about! :wacko:

proper guess = my opinion i wouldnt.I would try and stall the customer for a while wots gonna look worse a bit of stalling or sorry you installed 500 products into your database could you do it again please?

Last i heard cc3 final was due about end of june i think not to long.

Guest designsolutions

Cheers Evilhomer, that was my thought too. I'm beginning to worry though, as a quick look through the CC3 'bugs' section shows there is still a lot of work to do before the final release. Perhaps Brooky could shed some light on my original question?

Thanks again for the input. :wacko:

Chris.