Whos Got The Best Cubecart Site II

Guest twisted

Guest twisted

WHO HAS THE BEST [V2.0.x] CUBECART SITE?

If you think you do, you could win $100.00

Here's how it works:

• You can submit any number of sites that meet the qualifying criteria
  • You can submit your own site, or you can someone elses
  • ALL nominations must be made in this thread, and nominations may be the only posts made in this thread. Any post other than a site nomination will be deleted. <-- please try and observe this rule.
    Any nominations made via email or PM, will be ignored.
  • From the nominations, I will pick 10 finalists
  • Then, everyone gets to vote on page I shall set up for this purpose.
  • The site with the most votes will get the $100.00

And now...THE RULES:

• Any site using default cubecart graphics will NOT be considered. Same layout, yes...same design style, yes...but NO cubecart graphics...that includes recolored box images. The design must be completely original from the ground up.
  • It must, of course, be a cubecart based site. If you have a license, and have removed the powered by and copyright notices, you may be required to verify that it is in fact a site based on teh cubecart script
  • If you are nominating a site other than your own, then the owner may not be aware of it. Due to the above rule, and the fact that the owner may not wish to do this, therefore, if you submit a site other than your own, it should be one that displays the powered by or copyright notice.
  • No site will be exlcuded from inclusion based on product content.
  • You may not vote for a site more than once per day [ip addresses will be recorded, and checked]
  • You may not vote for multiple sites. Any votes for the multiple sites that have the same ip, will be nullified.
  • All nominations must be in by 30th July
  • Voting will start on Aug 10, and go until midnight Aug 24, 2005.
  • Winner will be notified via email, and receive their $100 prize via Paypal within 24 hours.

Any questions, [email protected] email me.

To keep things fair and impartial [as I will be solely responsible for selecting the finalists] I will not submit any of my sites or designs, nor will I consider the nomination of any site that has been designed by me.

The judge's decision is final! NO correspondence will be entered into.

P.S. Don't forget to list your site in the show-off forum so others can comment. I promise not to smack your knuckles for double posting. :)

Edited by stijnj

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chadl

Here is my Cube Cart 2 Site. I have put a lot of time into it, please browse around -- Play some games, download some coloring pages for your kids, watch movie trailors or purchase a T-Shirt!

All the graphics on this site I have done myself, except for the superhero characters themselves. The graphics were done in Macromedia Fireworks. Most of the programming I have done as well, except for the UPS Shipping Mod and Poll Mod.

I have had tremendous feedback from other Cubecart customers and it is greatly appreciated!

Thank's to all who vote!

Kind Regards,

Chad Lummus

THE COMIC BOOK CLOSET

** 2 nominations.........and the benchmark has be set! Very impressed guys!

Lets get some female contenders in here as well, huh? :)] **

Edited by chadl

Here's my contribution:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/demo/cc3/ :)

Kidding of course. There are some great designs cropping up recently.

** I'm sorry...but I have had to disqualify your entry. It violates the entry rules.

Any site using default cubecart graphics will NOT be considered. Same layout, yes...same design style, yes...but NO cubecart graphics...that includes recolored box images.
:P**

LMAO

Edited by twisted

Hey Twisted

That's not fair to disqualify Brooky. I know you made no that rule, but what are you affraid of? If someone can come up with a default design that looks better than one of yours, why shouldn't it compete? There's a challenge can anyone do it!

**To start with...I didn't disquality brooky, cos he never entered. He was kidding, and my response was meant in the same vein.

Secondly, its my $100........I get to make the rules. NO default cubecart graphics. However, if you can show me a layout using cube graphics that is better than or as good as anything that is submitted, I will give consideratoin to including it among the contenders.

Thirdly. What am I afraid of?

Not a damn thing, as none of MY designs are being entered. In doing that, I am not being "afraid", but rather, trying to be impartial as I am the one choosing the finalists. How would it look if I chose even 1 design that I had done.

But hey, if YOU want to put up the $100, i'll glady submit 30 or 40 of my designs. Hows that?

Edited by twisted

:) im confused rubdub how could a default design look better than......

well any everyone starts with default design and then they improve it

Guest twisted

C'mon folks...where are all teh nominees?

Only 3 weeks left.

From the nominations, I will pick 10 finalists

I can't pick 1 0 finalists if we don;t get 10 nominations.

And I certainly won;t be running a competition that gets only 3 entries.

Yes, if we don't get 10 entries, the competition will be cancelled.

:(

Guest twisted

Initially, no...I didn't include v.3 stores. Mainly because v.3 stable hadn;t yet been released...but if anyone has a re-designed v.3 store they think is the cats pajamas, then they are welcome to enter it.

Bassyard has already done so, I might point out.

:)

Here's my contribution:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/demo/cc3/ :)

Kidding of course. There are some great designs cropping up recently.

** I'm sorry...but I have had to disqualify your entry. It violates the entry rules.

Any site using default cubecart graphics will NOT be considered. Same layout, yes...same design style, yes...but NO cubecart graphics...that includes recolored box images.
:P**

LMAO

Thats fine with me I was only have a bit of fun!

There are some nice entries! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest twisted

I am really rather disappointed.

Not with your entry sheriff bob, lol...not with any entry, there are some fine sites being submitted.

There's just not ENOUGH OF THEM!

Where are all the "Hey look at me" posts? I mean, $100 is not going to make anyone rich, but it will buy a nice dinner for two at a nice restaurant, perhaps with enough left over to catch a movie too.

One of two things is going to happen on July 29.

1. the competition is going to get cancelled due to lack of interest

2. the deadline is going to get extended by 1 month.

Guest chadl

I know there are only supposed to be posts relating only to CubeCart submissions, but I have something to say:

I am really disappointed that so many people with so many great websites out there are not participating. I realize that you are all really intimidated by my website and you think you could not stand a chance against me :rolly: , but why not at least try? What do you have to loose?

When Twisted had the last CubeCart contest and no money was at stake, everyone and their dogs participated. Maybe that's because I didn't participate and nobody felt intimidated by such an impressive website? Come on guys! Get with the it!

Guest twisted

Actually, the last "contest" thread was started by benjam...not me.

But you're right.....

Its not lookin good.,

Guest Ratzo_mx

here is my candidate

Ratzo Computer Hardware Store

is still in beta but I think i can get a chance

** Ratzo....

The store is looking good...very professional, but in all fairness to everyone, I really can't consider incomplete stores for inclusion. If you can get it completed by the deadline, I will consider it for the contest.

Edited by Ratzo_mx

Guest Earth Bizz

Half of these CC3 entries seem to be using re coloured cube graphics .. so if you want to relax the the rules a tiny bit for CC2 I'll chuck my site in .. it's finished now .. but I'm always saying that! .. Not live yet.

It's only the box images I've recoloured .. but I like them the way they are.

If that disqualifies me .. thats OK .. I wouldn't win anyway .. just trying to boost the entry numbers. Try out the Auction links .. I think they are pretty nifty (iFrames).

My CC2.07 Attempt.

:rolleyes: Hello i am a web designer from Greece

this is my first attempt with cubecart.

i have been reading posts for severall months now

trying to make this site look a litlle different than the default layout.

http://www.comicscave.com

the site took me a couple of months to complete

i have change the default skin

(not a single .gif kept from the default graphics)

and contains lots of mods

feel free to visit and comment.

Guest Earth Bizz

:D Hello i am a web designer from Greece

this is my first attempt with cubecart.

i have been reading posts for severall months now

trying to make this site look a litlle different than the default layout.

http://www.comicscave.com

the site took me a couple of months to complete

i have change the default skin

(not a single .gif kept from the default graphics)

and contains lots of mods

feel free to visit and comment.

Looks like a serious contender to knock you off your perch! :P

Looks like a "winner" to me ! (So far at least)

Guest jbdancer

after horrendous nagging from a friend my entry :

Ok this site isn't live yet . Almost done. Will be finished soon.

This is a site for a gaming clan that i'm a member off.

More of a all in one site , with shop and quest info and more things the clan can use.

Most off the content is writen in dutch but you will get a clue :

Visit the Site

I nominate this site too: Clear Concepts Management

Looks nice and indicates "Powered by CubeCart" at the bottom but I seen no categories or products? Doesn't appear like it can even be used as a click-n-buy site? I clicked around on all the links and didn't see anything... maybe I'm blind? LOL!!! :mellow: