Whos Got The Best Cubecart Site II

Guest twisted

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest twisted

I shoulda closed this off 2 days ago...but been too busy.

Your entries in rhyan.

No more submissions thanks.

I will pick 10 finalists, and get a voting system going.

I will post a let you all know when voting is open. I'm aiming for Spet 1st.

I say aiming, because a 2x4 and I had a disagreement this morning, and I spent 2 hours in the hospital getting my face sewn up 12 stiches from my cheekbone to the top of my eye...so I'm not really up to doing much at the momnet.

:rolly: Hope ur ok twisted get well soon

Mstar took a look at ur site very nice but when i scrolled down i noticed 2 very big blank spaces between bottomm links im running ie6 if that helps or was it intended?

:unsure: Hope ur ok twisted get well soon

Mstar took a look at ur site very nice but when i scrolled down i noticed 2 very big blank spaces between bottomm links im running ie6 if that helps or was it intended?

cheers for that evilhomer.

i originally has the .txtCopyright set to display: none;

so it was still there but not visible. :w00t:

had to change it for the competition though. so i thought i would add some padding to get it out of my face.

Well, maybe I'll at least get some points for being a "quick study" newbie.

I evaluated three carts this morning, installed all three on the server. Decided I'd go with cube cart. So I loaded a few products in, and started messing around with the style sheets I found, and this is how far I've come in the first day:

http://avftexas.com/shopping/index.php

Do I get a pat on the back? Actually I've never used a shopping cart, this was my first time. I have been coding html for a few years, though, and started just barely flirting with php awhile back (I have a php based photo gallery)>

So far, I've found cube cart to be easy to personalize, and I think I'm going to like having it as my first shopping cart. I just popped in to try and find out how to enter information on shipping by weight. I've got no idea of the syntax needed there. Thanks for looking at the unfinished cart; I'm off to find the shipping info :blink:

Guest twisted

Images, particularly the page background, took a long time to load.

The psoitioning of the elements in your header needs some work too...they are overlapping each other.

Thanks for the comment ;)

I didn't realize the page background was loading slowly - but I agree, I know I'll have to re-do the header, it's way too busy with all the overlapping elements.

I was really excited that I was able to get so far toward the look I'm after in just a couple of hours though, and I'm still excited about this program! The gallery program I mentioned in my post took a few days of head scratching to get the look I wanted, whereas adjusting styles in cubecart is really easy. At first glance, the templates appear as though they too will yield to customization easily. I'm impressed.

Again, thanks for your positive feedback. I'll be backtracking and reading a couple more pages of this thread today. You guys prolly won't hear much from me while I'm running searches and playing a little catch-up here. Best of wishes to the community - Mark Gunter

markscarts, looks darn good! I see you have changed it so on mouse over it no longer goes to bold... that was an improvement :D

One other thing... your text for the product information is the "default font". I would suggest changing this font to the same that you have for the menus and such to keep the same "flow" for the page. Right now your product text is I believe Times New Roman. Personally, I think it would look better if you kept the text like that of your menu text ;)

Wow, thanks for the input, zman. I've been tweaking on it today. Changed the overall background image to a GIF which should make it slightly faster to load (no decompression). I'll take your advice and try to change the fonts for product descriptions.

I know of a zman from a woodworking forum - are you a member of any wwing haunts?

Thanks to all for looking, my apologies to Twisted for intruding on his original thread. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest SouthWalesMassive

Haven't had a chance to look thru them all yet, but when in the 2nd post you get something as polished as Chadl's Comic book store... its gonna take a lot to beat. Simply put, it takes a templating system and personalises it so smoothly, to the untrained eye you'd never know what was lying underneath. It gets the mood perfectly, and is exactly the kind of store i'd want to go to if i was purchasing comic book goods. I've seen "professional" chain comic stores that leave me dry and don't have the right feel, but Chad has done a phenomenal job with his. If my site ever comes to looking 1/10th as good, i'll be happy. 10/10 thanks for showing us just exactly what this software is capable of when you put the effort in.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bennyuk

I might as well add my unconventional cc2 store in here as well. By the time this contest gets closed I might even have some products on there.

All I can say is, you have never seen a CC2 store quite like mine. (still working out whether that's a good or bad thing)

Keep up the good work team.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

I might as well add my unconventional cc2 store in here as well. By the time this contest gets closed I might even have some products on there.

All I can say is, you have never seen a CC2 store quite like mine. (still working out whether that's a good or bad thing)

Keep up the good work team.

Ben

wow not bad.................... not bad at all.

This topic has been open for 5 months now and it seems no "$100" prize has been issued. I can only assume it is a way for the thread opener to advertise their services.

This topic is not closed and any unofficial post assuming an award/prize will automatically be deleted in the future.