How to delete an image?

Guest Sparkle

Guest Sparkle

I can't seem to delete any images that I have uploaded with Version 3. I want to replace all my images with better looking pictures but I get the following error when I try to deltet them through the Image Manager:

"There are product or categories using the image"

Can someone please help me??

Hello,

If you have made a category that uses a particular image or a product that uses it CUbeCart wont delete the image otherwise it will result in a broken image on the store front.

If you want you can edit/delete the category/product to remove the image first and then delete it.

Guest Sparkle

So are you saying that I have to delete the whole product and start again from scratch, add a new image and the text (that took ages to get right in the first place). I'll have to do this for every product in the cart as I want to replace every image with a better quality one. I don't understand why I can't just delete an image???

I don't believe that this is a great system, surely there is another way?

Why won't it delete the image (like it says you can) through File Manager/Manage Images?? Why is there a delete button if it won't work??

Sorry, a tad frustrated at the moment...

All you have to do is to edit the category or product in question and click remove image.

You don't have to remove the whole product/category and add it again.

It's as simple as that. If the file manager just deleted images in use your site would have broken images everywhere and look poor.

Guest Sparkle

Brooky,

I have gone into "View Products" and clicked "Edit" for the product in question and there is no button on the page that says "Remove Image" ??? The only options it says are "Upload New Image" and "Browse Existing Images"

I am using Version 3 - is this why???

Thanks for your help.

Guest toys4mobiles.com

Basically in the cubecart admin you click view products.

Then select Edit for product which you want to remove the picture from.

Click 'Browse Existing Images' displaying a picture browsing pop-up.

Select any image, which closes the pop-up.

The option below the image should read 'Remove/Change Image'

Hope that helps!

Guest twisted

If all you want to do is replace a poor quality image qwith a better quality one [assuming it will still have the same name so as not to get the broken images problem], couldn;t you just delete the poor images with an ftp client, and then upload your better images to the same folders?

Guest Sparkle

OK - I got my previous question answered – Thank-you! I have replaced all the old images with new ones. A new question - how do I delete these old images that I no longer need in the database (or whatever it is called). When I try to delete it through the Image manageer i get an error and "Delete Failed" ???

Also, how do you remove an additional image that I have added to a product. It comes up in the form of a pop-up box.

TIA