Cube Cart 3 final install?

Hi

Right, Ive tried upgrading from cube cart 3 beta to the final and that lost my store, so the I tried to install cube cart 3 final as a fresh install and it does not work, all I get is server 500 error.

Has any one else had this issue yet? If youve tried yet....

So any ideas whats wrong?

Server:

PHP version 4.3.11

MySQL version 4.0.23-standard

Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)

PERL version 5.8.0

Cheers in advance

Guest troubled1

I tried 3 times installing the new final as a fresh install on 1 of my servers and got that same 500 error I'm going to try installing it on a different server now.

Guest topjones

Oh dear. I ran the upgrade script about 10 times and installed it at least 20 times with no problems.

If it's any help - upgrade beta-final was flawless here.

Hi

Is there any chance we could post our server specs as below so we can see if its this causing the problem?

thx

Server:

PHP version 4.3.11

MySQL version 4.0.23-standard

PERL version 5.8.0

Guest topjones

PHP : 4.3.10

MySQL : 4.1.7

I'm not sure apache or perl are causing the problem - but here you go :

Apache 2.0.52

Perl 5.8.6

Can you give any more details - such as your URL etc?

Guest troubled1

It installed on my 2nd server flawlessly

Here are specs on server it didn't work on

apache 1.3.33

perl 5.8.6

php 4.3.11

MySQL version 4.0.24-standard

here are specs on server it did work on

apache 1.3.33

perl 5.8.4

php 4.3.11

only difference in the servers is the perl and I don't think thats the problem I'll continue to play around with my other server and see if i can figure out why it's not working there.

Aaagh Still in development - NO TEST orders please!!!!

Ive just re-installed beta and added the new skin, but ive just found that does not work with beta. I'm gonna leave this one for monday...

Cheers

The beta installed perfectly for me. Final is giving me the 500 error the the people above.

Apache 1.3.33

PHP 4.3.11 through CGI

MySQL 4.1.1

I'm getting the same error on my server doing beta-final upgrade.

PHP version 4.3.11

PERL version 5.8.3

Linux

Guest topjones

A silly thing that you all probably have right - but just in case :

"upgrade/scripts/beta-final/upgrade.php to the store root"

You actually just upload the upgrade.php to your server root. Don't create the folders etc...

Example

http://www.mystore.com/store/upgrade.php

I can see where this might cause a problem if your error reporting is off.

Guest OD-UNICRON

Just to let everyone know, it did not work also, dont worry brooks, just take a brake buddy, we will be here :)

Guest troubled1

I tried installing the beta on the server where final didn't work and the beta installed with no problem so it's some change you made between beta and final thats causing the problem.

Alright guys, I found the problem. Included in the final release that is not in the beta, is a .htaccess file. Delete it and you can upgrade/install it.

Try renaming the .htaccess file that comes with Cubecart 3 to something else (I did it .htaccess2). This solved the 500 problem for me. I'm thinking that htaccess file isnt' compatible with all isps.

I did lose my store though when I tried doing the upgrade thing from beta to final. Fortunately I'm testing it on my wholesale store first that didn't have much on it yet. Going to install into a different directory for my main stores just in case.

Getting rid of .htaccess worked great for me also. Thanks alot guys i new it was something minor was just having friday morning brain cramps!! LOL!! Other than that install went great and lost nothing. Thanks again!!!!

About that mention of a need for a beer break - I admire the candor of that answer. Makes me comfortable knowing I'm dealing with a human being, not a faceless coorporation that neither consumes not eliminates (clooud have used four letter words but there is prolly a filter anyway.)

Your timing is good. Nothing much will get done in the USA until Tuesday anyway.

Here in the States we are on the cusp of a 3-day weekend culminating in some sort of a celebration. Something special must have happened on the Fourth of July. Fireworks, parades, flags, public picnics . . . I think King George would not have approved . . . but we are all pals now.

God Bless America! and Rule Britannia!

Well Im still not having any luck I have no htaccess file and I still cant upgrade. I now get this message....

MySQL Error Occured

1045: Access denied for user: '*******@localhost' (Using password: NO)

Any ideas?

thanks in advance!