My own PHP?

Where do I add my own PHP?

Having the entire layout in index.tpl has thrown a monkey wrench into my plan as I NEED the headers (everything before body) to be included from the main site!

It'd be ok if I can do a php include from index.tpl - but, guess what! It actually shows:

<?php include('/includes/nav.php'); ?>

instead of the expected content! ARGH!!!

Help! :D

I am not sure why you would want to do what you are trying to do, but the .tpl file is a template file.

The template files are like a container which something else goes inside of. - In this case your .php.

I should also point out that template files are used in the .css that CubeCart uses.

- Study the layout of CubeCart, + look for the areas where the .tpl files are referenced + you should see what I mean :D.

Guest sheriff_bob

No the way its set up now is through using an include file and than using I guess what you would call a module within the .tpl files.

Theres two things to look at here. One is the global template files which contain the header and the footer. Those would include Global > Index.tpl and Globa > Cart.tpl

Also if you want to add your own php as I said before go to

Includes > Content

Then what you can do is create an assigned tag

For example I need my table to create a new row so that I could have 8 products layed out on one page stacked 4 x 2

So in the ViewCat.inc.php I created this

if($t==5){

$view_cat->assign("start","<tr><td>");

}

elseif($t>5)

{

$view_cat->assign("start","");

};

Explanation:

$view_cat->assign("(name of function)","(function value)");

So then when I placed {start} inside my viewcat.tpl it did this function. Which was to allow the new columns up until the point that t reached 6 and then it would create a new row. I'm not the best coder ever and this is probably the weak way to do it. But it works for me.

Hope I answered your question

Hmm...

I am not sure about this.

I would normally do this kind of thing using HTML 4.0. - It's straightforward, simple, + very versatile. - I find that using PHP usually involves making several hundred lines of code, where 10 in HTML would do the job nicely, but if you prefer working with PHP I am not sure what to advise at the moment.

Anyway, when I have a moment I will have a closer look at this + will post a solution just as soon as I have one to post :unsure:.