Removing a picture from a category.

Guest kilobit

Guest kilobit

This is kindof rudementary but if i decided that i did not want to use a picture of the category how might one remove it? I can add another picture but (none) is not an option. :D

Guest vrakas

The only way i can think of is to actually copy the catnophoto.gif in the images file and then use that one.

Hope this helps for now until someone has a better way of doing this. :huh:

Just remove the image in phpmyadmin by editing the particular cat_image in the category table.

Or here's a quick 'n dirty fix I played with:

Edit 'yourstore'/admin/categories/index.php at line 255 on mine):

Change:

</div><input type="hidden" name="imageName" id="imageName" value="<?php echo $results[0]['cat_image']; ?>"></td>

To:

</div><input name="imageName" id="imageName" value="<?php echo $results[0]['cat_image']; ?>" type="text" class="textbox" size="20""></td>

This will give you a field under the "Browse Existing Images" button that will contain the file name of the image.

To remove the image just delete the file name that appears in this box.

Not exactly an elegant solution, but will get you going for now.

Or try this instead of hacking as above: Click on the "Browse Existing Images" button but when the popup "Image Browser" window appears just click "OK" without selecting an image ...and hey presto - no image. Much simpler! :huh:

Guest kilobit

Or try this instead of hacking as above: Click on the "Browse Existing Images" button but when the popup "Image Browser" window appears just click "OK" without selecting an image ...and hey presto - no image. Much simpler! tongue.gif

Wow, i cant believe i didnt try that. Awesome rubdub :unsure:

Guest vrakas

Now how come i didnt think of that :unsure: , simple solutions are always the best :P

Thanks rubdub

PS i tryed it and it doesnt work :(