Paypal IPN Setup

Guest thunderracer

I dont think markyvuk is trying to insult anybody but he like me and several others are frustrated. It should work but its not. So is it not working then because ime in the sandbox. if thats the case then paypal needs to pull there head out of there Arse and fix it. However I feel that is not the case. To be honest ime not even sure how this IPN thing in Cubecart is suppose to work. As my post above eluded to. I personally do thank you for trying to help, and hope you can understad our frustrations.

Guest netgroup

thunderracer, what version of cc are you using?

also, when I read your post above, you have cubecart in test mode for paypal, so does that mean you are using a test user which you have set up in your paypal sandbox to make your payments to your cart?

just clarifying.

btw....I totally understand your frustrations...thats why I'm here. My frustration is that I have it working and you guys don't.....yet we're apparently all using the same parameters in cc and paypal.

Something is wrong somewhere.....and from my end I'm convinced its not the script....thats all. I'm trying to help. (just a normal cc customer)

(maybe I'll need your help someday). :-)

Guest thunderracer

ime using CubeCart 3.0.2

so does that mean you are using a test user which you have set up in your paypal sandbox to make your payments to your cart?

That is correct I have test user and test customers all with sandbox accounts.

Guest thunderracer

Well I found out how to confirm my sandbox accounts so I could receave and send fake money. So I did that and that changed everything. now instead of getting a sorry order didnt go thru page I got a Error: No payment gateway variable is set! Ugh this is getting frustrated.

The way I understand it Using IPN is suppose to automaticly descrease stock and mark it as Processing. Neither of wich has been happenning. or Am I understanding wrong?

Thunderracer:

I think you'll find that when you switch to live IPN that your stock will be reduced and that status will change to processing and emails will be sent. It's working for a number of us with same settings.

I don't think that Payment Data Transfer on/off makes a difference. CC doesn't appear to be using it.

Return URL ??? should be confirmed.php - good luck with that one. Or you could not provide one and your client will be left at PayPal site or just use index.php or create your own like netgroup has done.

OK - close as I can figure it should work like this:

confirmed.php calls

'includes/session.inc.php' which attempts to pull gateway variable from the 'CubeCart_sessions' table in the db

confirmed.php also calls

'includes/content/confirmed.inc.php' which uses the gateway variable to determine the path to the correct 'transfer.inc.php' file to use.

'transfer.inc.php' checks the db table 'CubeCart_order_sum' for the order status and passes it back to 'includes/content/confirmed.inc.php' which generates the success/failure message.

Seems that session.inc.php is failing to pull the gateway variable from the database.

Think that I found why session.inc.php is failing to pull the gateway variable from the database.

It isn't there - looks like when ipn.php calls orderSuccess.inc.php and does it's thing determining success /failure of transaction with PayPal - if transaction successful it deletes basket contents from database and the basket field is where gateway info is saved.

Help Brooky.

Guest thunderracer

while I'm gonna tell ya what I've found out so far.

IPN in paypal needs to be (make sure you turned on IPN)

www.yoursite.com/yourstoredirectory/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php

Return URL in paypal should be (make sure auto return is on)

www.yoursite.com/yourstoredirectory/confirmed.php (however this still isn't working.)

So make a simple thank you page and send them there.

www.yoursite.com/yourstoredirectory/thankyou.html

Now the tricky part and the part that kept messing me up in paypal sandbox. You must verify your sandbox accounts to be able to test the script. Sandbox will not send out actual email to a actual email account. Its all internal. when you log in to developer central you will see a group of boxes. the third one down says email its also across the top of the page. that is ware all you emails for your test customers and your test main account will go. go there and get the info you need to verify your accounts. UNTIL YOU DO THIS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE THE SCRIPT WORK. Once I did this it started reducing my inventory and working almost like it should. now if confirmed.php was working right it would work 100%(hint hint) hope this helps.

Guest markyvuk

Fine but PayPal Pro is only available in the USA at the moment.

Everyone else will have to wait, so perhaps this should be sorted out first?

Fine but PayPal Pro is only available in the USA at the moment.

Everyone else will have to wait, so perhaps this should be sorted out first?

Wasn't aware that PayPal Pro was only available for the US - damn!

It would seem that Brooky has decided that this problem is minor enough that it doesn't deserved his attention - oh well.

• 2 years later...