Image Manager not working for me

Hello All

I just installed the newest version of cc3 and i ran into a problem. If i upload an image and go to the image manager, nothing is showing. I know for a fact that the image is uploading & the thumbnail is being created because i can see it on the server when i log into my server.

Thanks

bfriend

Guest siric

I had the same problem. Got around it by deleting all of the images and uploading each one separately when adding products. Make sure that they are JPG or I think PNG as well. GIFs do not form thumbnails.

Guest raceinc

I don't know if it is a fix for your problem, but I encountered problems with images and the Image manager process whenever the image files had a capitolized filename extension - i.e. picture.JPG.

Seems that is only likes to work with lower-case extensions - i.e. picture.jpg

Try changing any files with .JPG or .PNG to .jpg and .png and see if it helps.

Lou "I'm not a programmer but I play one on weekends"

All of my images do have lowercase names & extensions.

I have installed cc2 & cc3-beta and all works fine, but i reinstalled cc3-latest-version and it does not work.

I can see the images when i am adding a product and select an image, i just dont get anything in the main image manager

Thanks

Bill

Guest estelle

Yeah i'm getting the same problem. Images work fine when adding & viewing products, but the Image Manager is failing.

* "Manage Images" shows "No images have been added" when i definitely have added images (images and thumbnails exist in images/uploads and images/uploads/thumbs, and images/thumbnails are correctly displayed when viewing products etc).

* "Upload Images" allows images to be uploaded and says success, but does not display the image in the popup window.

Anyone figured this out yet?

I am having problems with images too, but I'm not sure if it's the same as what's been posted. For me, adding a single picture works fine. The problem lies when I try to upload additional images.

On the 'View Products' page, there is a link that says manage images. Click on that to show a list of all the uploaded pictures. I can click add by each picture to link it to this product. Now I go to the cart and open the product. There is now a link called '[+] More Images'. Click on it and the popup shows the following error:

'Forbidden 403

The document you are requesting is forbidden.'

The permissions on the popup file, popup/prodImages.php are set correctly and even tried 777. Looking side that file the problems seems to be with the include for the /includes/global.inc.php. If you comment that out, no more forbidden error, but obviously the code doesn't work. Tried messing with the permissions there and lost interst.

So I tried to disable the additional photos so people would see errors when the click on that link. I found that in picture manager, you can remove the addtional photos, but the link doesn't dissapear from the item. I have yet to solve this problem.