additional menus?

Guest razormedia

Guest razormedia

Is there an easy way to add an extra menu?

I want a menu, looking like the SiteDocs, but at the top of the page.

Guest estelle

What kind of links you want there? If you want to have more "site docs" that are modifiable through cubecart admin, then i think it would be quite complicated to have the links in two separate places on your website.

Estelle.

Guest razormedia

I want a menu Like the sitedocs, but at the top of the page - leading to other pages. For instance: The Shop | Forum | News | Links etc..

Guest estelle

Ahhh, that makes it easier. The hack way to do it is to modify skins/YOUR_SKIN/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl. Add your HTML just below the header. But you'll need to know some HTML and/or CSS.

I'm looking for this too - but I don't want them across the top or bottom - I want a side menu

http://www.specializedsaddles.com/ordershop/index.php

I tried to do it here - and changed the siteDocs.tpl to where it was in keeping with the format of the other side boxes - plus included the info + alphabatize - but no links :on2long:

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="boxTitleLeft">Site Navigation</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

<ol>

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<!-- BEGIN: li -->

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId={DATA.doc_id}" class="txtSiteDocs">{DATA.doc_name}</a></li>

<!-- END: li -->

<!-- END: a -->

</ol>

</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->

anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Also - for the life of me - I cannot figure out how to get the bottom "latest products" images box to center - input there would be great too ;)

Thanks!

Lorri Nevil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest katherinedenger

I would also like to have a seperate docs list as a side menu. the problem is, I also want to keep the original docs list at the bottom, and create a new list on the side that excludes the original docs (about us, privacy policy, etc.) but includes all the new docs i've created. I can sort the original by doc id, therefore keeping the unwanted ones out, but I need to create a whole new box for the side menu with the remaining docs. I have tried creating a docsList.tpl, with a docsList.inc.php (basically copying the original but filtering the unwanted results, and replacing "site_docs" with "docs_list"). I also added the following to the index.php.

include("includes/boxes/docsList.inc.php");

$body->assign("DOCS_LIST",$box_content);

still, it does not show up at all. Any suggestion?

Get the documents tpl file from the calssic skin then find the document tpl in the killer or legend.

Add it to the index.php and your done.

For a quick fix to other pages at the moment I put docs accros the top with a meta refresh that takes you to home etc, shopping cart etc.

www.firesales.com.au/onlineshop

not finisehed yet so dont place an order