Admin

Guest miniyo

Guest miniyo

Hi , installed succesfull v3.0 but don't give any chance to admin the store. I mean , when in the admin panel i dont have the option to add categories and products.

Thanks

Guest estelle

When you are logged into the admin section, there should be a bunch of links down the left hand site to allow you modify General Settings, Currencies, Add Products, Add Categories, etc....

Perhaps you are not correctly in the admin panel. What is the URL?

Guest estelle

Okay, you might have the root directory setup incorrectly. When you performed the installation, did you modify the root directory? (I.e. "Server Root Directory, eg. /path/to/your/website").

Can you check what it is set to? Do this by FTPing to your web server and downloading the file includes/global.inc.php. Check the what rootDir is set to. In fact check all of the following three values.

The second and third should probably be identical to the following example, but the first value could be anything depending on how your web server is configured...

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/LOGINNAME/public_html/cube';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/cube/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://miniyo.com/cube';

Guest miniyo

Thank you but i think i`m doing wrong the first line :-(

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/LOGINNAME/public_html/cube';

'home' and LOGINNAME it confuses me :-(

my public_html is called 'web'

Thanks

Guest estelle

LOGINNAME would be replaced by whatever you login with, and obviously you have www instead of public_html. eg. /home/miniyo/web/cube

You could send an email to your web hosting company and ask them if that path is correct.

But i'm not quite sure what's going on with your admin pages... sorry!

Guest estelle

No, you do not need to replace home with anything. As far as i know, /home/ is always there (for linux web servers).

It might be worth emailing your web hosting provider, or perhaps just wait for someone else to help.