KILLER skin formatting bug?

Guest zman

Guest zman

The Killer skin looks very good. However, I've noticed a formatting error on my site and others I've looked at. Before I try to figure this out (which I'm pretty sure is a minor bug) I'm wondering if anybody else has looked at this yet so I can save myself some time :whistle:

The very minor formatting issue has to do with how the boxes are drawn. There is a one (1) pixel space between the top left and right boxes before they join with the vertical side lines of the box. I don't believe this is supposed to be like this because the bottom left/right corners are "connected" to their respective vertical side lines.

This might be by design? Not sure but either way, just wondering if anybody has found the code to remove this one pixel space? :)

If I get a chance and can find it (I'm just a php hack who can struggle a little. hahaa) I'll post the fix if nobody else figures it out if I can :w00t:

I didn't notice it not lining up, but if they don't it's because the top portion of the box which is a gif, is one pixel narrower than the sides and bottom.

Using that skin again now, they seem to line up properly for me. You might try re-uploaded that skin or doing a control-refresh to force it to redownload the graphics.

Guest zman

Hi,

I just made the Left & Right sides one pixel longer when I skinned my shop :whistle:

Martin

DOH! Sometimes the easiest solution is the correct one. LOL! I ran into this in another php program and it had to do with the way one pixel dots were being "drawn" on the page. I found that error and fixed it and thought this was something similar.

So, basically, you just increased the boxTitleBg.gif image from 175x15 to 175x16 and added the extra pixel on each side? That sounds too easy. LOL!

Also, on a side note in case you read this, on your home page of your adult store at the bottom center is "Latest Products". I *thought* I had that on mine too but it's now missing and missing in all the skins??? I could have swore I've seen that on my site or maybe others but when hunting through the forums and looking it seems many do not???

Thanks!

Guest zman

I didn't notice it not lining up, but if they don't it's because the top portion of the box which is a gif, is one pixel narrower than the sides and bottom.

Using that skin again now, they seem to line up properly for me. You might try re-uploaded that skin or doing a control-refresh to force it to redownload the graphics.

I've tried doing a refresh and no go. I also looked at the graphic itself and it isn't "missing" a pixel of color so ? Will try just extending it one pixel like mentioned and see if that works. Also, it is not very noticeable unless you REALLY look at it... are you sure yours doesn't have a 1 pixel white space in your unmodified skin???

Thanks!

Guest martino

Hi,

The 'Latest Products' panel is controlled from your Admin screen.

It is in General Settings, under the heading 'Styles & Misc', 'Show Latest Products on homepage'. Option can either be Yes to show it or No not to.

Hope this helps

Martin

Guest zman

Hi,

The 'Latest Products' panel is controlled from your Admin screen.

It is in General Settings, under the heading 'Styles & Misc', 'Show Latest Products on homepage'. Option can either be Yes to show it or No not to.

Hope this helps

Martin

Yes, yes, I know about that. I have "Latest Products" enabled and it works. I'm talking about the text header above the thumbs... "Latest Products". That text is quirky... sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't. If it isn't there and you simply minimize your store window to the task bar then immediately restore it, it pops back up. Or, it acts as if the text is the same color as the background and when you highlight it with your mouse (it's invisible so you just go where you think it should be and then highlight it it appears) it shows up... the difference is that when you click your mouse elsewhere on the page the highlight goes away but the text is now there. :) That is until you hit refresh again. Hmph.

It was a big enough deal I thought that I went ahead and made another topic :)

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=8888