Mailing List Subscribers?

Is there a way to view and edit all mailing list subscribers through Admin without downloading the list first? I went to "Email Customers," and, since I was the only registered customer, sent an email to the whole list that had nothing to do with my business. :) After I hit the send button, CC displayed the email addresses the message was sent to. There was an address there that wasn't listed as a customer. I went to PHPMyAdmin and found the address in the customer database with no other contact info. I assume s/he just used the "join mailing list" module on the front page. Do the blank fields in the database keep the ML subscribers from showing up as customers? And if they aren't to be included with registered customers, why would they be in the customer DB instead of one of their own? Shouldn't there be a way to manage the ML subscribers?

If I had used "download email" from the "email customers" page I would have seen the additional address as well, but I don't really plan to use any bulk email software, and wouldn't want to have to regularly download the addresses then edit the DB directly.

I'm not sure this really constitutes a bug, but I think it's something that should be addressed once all the bugs are ironed out. Unless I'm missing something obvious, which tends to happen more often than I'd like to admit! :whistle:

Love the new version BTW, and as opposed as I was to CSS, it took me 1/8 of the time to skin this version as it took me to modify the last version, with absolutely no knowledge of CSS going in!

• 3 weeks later...

The mailing list does need this, it should also be double opt in and record Ip addresses at sign up. I am disabling this and using my own mailing script something so simple leaves you wide open for spam accusations and could result in issues with your host.