Simple Checkout (no registration)?

Guest Develonet

Guest Develonet

Is there a way to eliminate the need for the person to register when checking out? In other words, I would like to set up my store so that it is like other popular stores which will allow a person to simply buy goods, then fill out their shipping and billing info then checkout. I do not want them to think they have to register with the site in order to buy something.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod is desperatly needed to quicken up the checkout process.

People would pay for this mod if one fo you moders mde a simple and fast checkout mod.

I for one would pay a reasonable cost for a professional mod

• 5 weeks later...

Is anyone interested in making this mod as I am willing to pay for it and by the looks of it others are willing to if it is a reasonable cost.

I bought a quick checkout mod for CC2 and it worked great just need one for CC3

at some point in the check out process you NEED to get the Customers Name their Address and phone and email

without that information is YOU CANNOT SHIP

CubeCart allows them to not register but begin checking out

and at step 2 it asks if they are a current customer (already registered)

or a new customer

if new it presents the registration form and gathers all the necessary information from them then proceed to the final steps in check out

Their cart contents are still there... just like every other e-commerce site out there

unlike every other site Cubecart provides us the ability to give our customers several payment options which is the final step in check out

you can have MULTIPLE payment options

example Paypal MAil Order and Authorize.net

and since weve already collected their information at step 2

which every e-commerce site does at one step or the other

the customer has a choice on how they want to pay and that infoirmation is provided to the payment gateway...

every single site you can buy products or services from at some point asks you for your information during the checkout...

customers do not have to register FIRST

they can shop

then begin checkout

then proivide the info we need for shipping (register)

so a mod that allows a customer to fully check out without providing NEEDED information to ship their products IS STUPID

Most sites that sell what I sell have a registration on the main page. I have been toying with removing the session info from the main page since it is done at checkout anyway. Otherwise I agree with kinetic and if there was another way to collect info about customers I might go for it.

What we are looking for is the same as the CC2 quick checkout mod.

When they go to the checkout there is no registration.

The add their details

name

address

state

country

postcode

email

phone number

then they go straight to the options for payment and checkout.

The big thing needing removal of this is the first screen of the checkout with the regestered user need to register and enter a password.

So as you can see you still get details without the need to register

Also needed is when the customer clicks buy button it takes them to the cart where they have the option then of continue shopping or checkout, as most people are looking for a single item when shopping. If they are after more then they continue.

As CC3 at the moment I have had feedback that clients didnt see the item added to the shopping basket and acdentially added it a couple of times until they realised it.

Customer service and easy shopping is a neccessity or they will go elsewhere. This is what our customers want.

Guest noborders

It's really too bad CC3 doesn't have this as a feature. Many people won't use CubeCart without that feature because the registration page is just another obstacle/extra layer that will result in loss of customers who simply want to enter their shipping/billing information and make the purchase.

Guest EverythingWeb

Note to everyone: This feature request has been put into the Bug Tracker system that CubeCart used.

http://bugs.cubecart.com/index.php?do=details&id=165

Please note that major features like this are best requested through the Bug Tracker, where Brooky can assign and descide which features get included in which order.

A mod could be written, but such an intricate piece of work would require a lot of files to be editted, and would probably be best suited to being an integral part of the program.

I know there are a few people waiting on this feature, however please understand the work CubeCart are already doing for us all.

• 1 month later...

Note to everyone: This feature request has been put into the Bug Tracker system that CubeCart used.

http://bugs.cubecart.com/index.php?do=details&id=165

Please note that major features like this are best requested through the Bug Tracker, where Brooky can assign and descide which features get included in which order.

A mod could be written, but such an intricate piece of work would require a lot of files to be editted, and would probably be best suited to being an integral part of the program.

I know there are a few people waiting on this feature, however please understand the work CubeCart are already doing for us all.

Indeed. An excellent piece of software, it is.

:w00t: Why am I going Yoda, like ? :wacko:

This mod would also need to include a bit extra

When someone buys an item they need to be taken to the checkout where they can decide to continue shopping or checkout.

A number of people have got confused as it was hard to see the cart updated

• 3 weeks later...

I have a client who has specifically required not to take customers passwords or set up accounts.

I am in the process of building an express checkout mod.

Almost there just have one or two small bugs to iron out.

Will post in downloads once completed.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...