An update on emails to customers

Guest raceinc

Guest raceinc

I, and others, had reported that emails were not getting sent to customers after they completed their order. I made a bug report and got a reply from the overworked Brooky.

I'll let you go to the bug report, rather than me reading it to you - Email Bug Report Fix

Basically, the system doesn't sent the email until the store manager enters the admin area and changed the status from "pending" to "processing". It's not what I had expected but at least it does send the email out when I tested it. Thanks for the tip Mr. B!

This brings me to a question that I'm sure someone other than Brooky might be able to help me with. First, a little background on the store I'm setting up.

• I'm using the Killer Skin (which I like very much btw...)
  • It's for a friend.
  • The friend is not very computer savvy (as if I am....)
  • I'm trying to make it as "friend-proof" as possible, if you get my meaning.
  • I'm trying to keep my involvement in the store as little as possible once it's running. Tech support only.
  • The only order processing method being used at the moment is the "Print Order Form" method and then the customer either faxes or postal mails it to the friend.
  • To top it off, the friend wants to do a shipping rate table based on order value - a mod not supported in 3.0 yet.

So, since there was not rate table, I modified the Print Order Form and changed things like "Grand Total" to "Total BEFORE Shipping" and added notes and links to the shipping rates. The purpose being so that a customer does not place the order and think the merchandise total is all that they will owe - shipping still needs added - manually at the moment :-( I think it's relatively clear now to the customer of the store's intentions to add shipping to their costs.

Enter the news about emails working when done in a specific way. No problem right? Well, the invoices and emails produced by CubeCart and sent to the customer do NOT reflect the changes I made to the Print Order Form to clear up the shipping wording. The emails and invoices fall back to the "Grand Total" words which will lead customers to believe that shipping costs are not needed.

I obviously found the template and language file for the Print Order Form to modify it, but I can't seem to pinpoint what files I need to change to have the emails and invoices get the point across to the customer.

So - anyone who can point me to the correct files to modify, I'd be forever grateful!

In the meanwhile, I'm going to try and smack my friend around a bit and see if they might consider UPS or some other supported shipping method to help us both out! Then maybe I can move them into the modern ages with a PayPal option!

Thanks.

Lou

I haven't looked yet, but the generation of the email to the customer used to me the confirmed order file, so you might try looking there. I think it's not in includes??? (not used to the new file structure yet :P )