Removal of item once sold ????

Can I configure the shop to remove the item from the shop once it has been placed as an order or does the Admin have to do this manually?

The cart I presently use takes the item out of the store and makes it no longer availbable or seen by the general public once the sale has been made. It can be put back into the shop at anytime in the future by the Admin if for some reason the item didn't or doesn't sell ......

Is this yet to come as a feature???

tmess

First off, I wouldn't remove it from the store until the sale has been completed and you've shipped it. I think we all get bogus orders from time to time and deleting it when it's ordered would just mean having to re-input it again if the order doesn't complete.

Secondly, you can pretty much do what you want to do using the stock level function and not letting someone buy items that are not in stock (which is in the general settings function). I'm doing this for a few items I have in my specials section - overstocks that I have in stock. Otherwise, I don't use stock level since I order from the manufacturers as needed.

It doesn't delete it but it does show it as "out of stock". You could change this in your language file to something like "sale pending" if you wanted to do one of a kind items (I'm planning to do that with some handmade jewelry eventually as well). Then delete it manually once the sale is completed and you've shipped.