MySQL Error Occured 1045

Guest suss

In step 4 under the installation this error message occured.

MySQL Error Occured

1045: Access denied for user: 'xxxx_com@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Please, Can any one help me with the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Guest guckenfroovin

Hey, I'm having this same issue. (My webhost has an automated rollout for 2.0.1 which works perfectly fine & has no trouble setting up the db & tables.) In the case of my 3.0.1 installation (from scratch) I've checked and re-checked the database login parameters... I've also tried manually creating the tables and editing global.inc.php. I haven't tracked down a resolution on this yet... anyone else seen this (solved this)?

How about you, Suss, any luck yet?

Brooky, Excellent product from what I've seen of it! Appreciate ya!

;)

Remember if your using a control panel such as cPanel, your database username will be prefixed with your account username.

E.g. if your account username is Toby, and you create a database user called SQL, then the username you will need to put into the CubeCart installation is: Toby_SQL.

The same applies for databases.

Also be certain that the user created is assigned to the database - a very common mistake (one i've made myself more times than i care to mention :()

If you still cant get it up and running, feel free to give me a shout and i'll see what i can see for you ;)

I too got this error, and indeed i have Cpanel as my server space software... could this perhaps be added to the install procedure documentation? foxed me for at least a week (ok, so i only tried it repeatedly for a few hours over the course of the week :rolly:

Also, after having fixed that, i was then presented with a 1044 error, 'access denied to user' upon a creat table command..

It also appears in the Cpanel software, that when you assign a database user the flag of 'all' priviledges, it doesn't actually grant any priviledges at all, or very few... so you should mark each tickbox for that user, then click the apply button...

now i have the software finally installed and i can get in to the admin panel and start playing around, however when i try access the actual site as a user would, its telling me :

WARNING - Your store will not function until the install directory and/or upgrade.php is deleted from the server

And i can't for the life of me find where this is, call me thick :P

Andy Welburn

Guest On-The-Web-Now!

Hi to all

I just tried this product and it looks great. I have little MySQL experience but did manage eventually to work past the problems mentioned here and successfully install version 3.0.1

Here's my version of the MySQL set up that is necessary to step 3 in the installation process. Hope they help someone...

How to create MySQL database in cPanel

Go To MySQL (Account Maintenance) page from your cPanel.

Scroll down to: "db [empty_box...]Add Db".

Enter something like "cube3" (without the quotes) and click to add.

(I'm not 100% sure on rules for names but suggest keep it to 5 characters. Your database name will automatically be appended with your site account name. E.g. final name will look like this "accountx_cube3")

Once the database has been added create a username (just below where you created the database). Suggest you make the username the same - i.e. "cube3". You'll need to assign a password. Once again, your account name will be automatically appended to this username.

So you now have.

1. Database called "accountx_cube3"

2. User called "accountx_cube3" (with a password)

Now scroll down to where you see all the little boxes and the two dropdown menus.

Check ALL of the boxes.

Select user (accountx_cube3).

Select database (accountx_cube3).

Now click "Add user to db"

Now check the "Access Hosts" and see if there is one there called "localhost". If there is, use "localhost" as part of the stage 3 of CubeCart3.01 set-up.

Now you have all the information necessary to complete stage 3 of set-up.

One more thing I am wondering about... where stage 3 says "GD" and gives the option of: none, 1,or 2... I haven't got a clue what that's for but selecting "none" worked for me!

Hope it helps

Regards to all, and congratulations and thanks to relevant person(s) on the creation of a great product.

Rick

On-The-Web-Now!

now i have the software finally installed and i can get in to the admin panel and start playing around, however when i try access the actual site as a user would, its telling me :

WARNING - Your store will not function until the install directory and/or upgrade.php is deleted from the server

the install directory/upgrade.php will be in the root of your store (so if you uploaded the store to a folder called /shop/, then you'll have to remove: /shop/install and/or /shop/upgrade.php

One more thing I am wondering about... where stage 3 says "GD" and gives the option of: none, 1,or 2... I haven't got a clue what that's for but selecting "none" worked for me!

(lamans definition) GD is the software on a server that creates thumbnails, and does other image editing functions :) Choosing None will mean no thumbnails. Check what version your server is running to know which setting to use.

the install directory/upgrade.php will be in the root of your store (so if you uploaded the store to a folder called /shop/, then you'll have to remove: /shop/install and/or /shop/upgrade.php

Well there we go, snowblindness had set in, i was looking for upgrade.php (which didn't exist because i did a fresh install :)), forgetting about the install directory...

Deleted it now and i'm raring to go.. I did have a whole cubecart 2 store before with 800 items, but my stupid host lost everythgin and had no backups, so time to rebuild with the new version..

thanks.

Andy Welburn

• 1 year later...
Guest Doug C

so i got this error "MySQL Error Occured

1045: Access denied for user 'dougs7_ccrt1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" i think it happen when i installed CC and dropped the tables then imported the sql file i have for my store, is it fixable

Guest ccsoh

I am receiving the same 1045 error, does anyone know how to get in to the set up, so I can check my mysql connection settings. I tried to download the config tool, but get the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

However it is that you control your hosting space, start by looking at the settings within that control panel for your MySQL database:

*host address

*database name

*user name (many times the same as the database name)

*password

Don't trust whatever notes you may have made. Look for the current access info as displayed to you in your hosting site control panel.

Then look at a copy of your /includes/global.inc.php file. Make the data here match the info above.

I do not recall seeing any database related info in any of the database tables (kinda a Catch-22).

Is your database managed by your hosting provider, or is it on a local server to you? If you are managing your MySQL installation, then be sure there is a User (other than root - create one if necessary) that has sufficient privileges to work the tables in the cubecart schema (specific collection of database tables).

How to do that in phpMyAdmin, I don't know. But if your database is being managed by you on a server you can get at, I might recommend you get and install the MySQL Administrator from MySQL AB (mysql.com) - that is, if you don't already have a database management client.

In step 4 under the installation this error message occured.

MySQL Error Occured

1045: Access denied for user: 'xxxx_com@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Please, Can any one help me with the problem?

I've created a step by step illustrated tutorial that solves the problem caused by the very poor design of the MySQL interface on cPanel. It is not a CC issue.

Whoever designed the cPanel interface for the MySQL module has never put it through a simple usability panel review. The design contains a serious flaw in not making clear that there are FOUR steps to setting up a data base.

Failure to complete the final one will return the subject (useless and uninformative) error.

See: http://buildinghosting.com/CC_Step3_cure.htm

good luck

Guest Onatop

I ran into the same problem and the to fix the WARNING ERROR is by going into the file manager in your cPanel and delete the install folder located in: /public_html/yourstorename/.

That will take care or that problem

Onatop

I too got this error, and indeed i have Cpanel as my server space software... could this perhaps be added to the install procedure documentation? foxed me for at least a week (ok, so i only tried it repeatedly for a few hours over the course of the week :cry:

Also, after having fixed that, i was then presented with a 1044 error, 'access denied to user' upon a creat table command..

It also appears in the Cpanel software, that when you assign a database user the flag of 'all' priviledges, it doesn't actually grant any priviledges at all, or very few... so you should mark each tickbox for that user, then click the apply button...

And i can't for the life of me find where this is, call me thick :)

Andy Welburn

Guest cola262

Thanks everyone. I had the same error as OP and followed the directions. However, I'm getting the following error now when accessing shop/admin

MySQL Error Occured

1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I'm using mysQL 4.1, not the more advanced version...so I don't know what's going on.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest prishnag

hei even i have the same problem. can anyone pls help me urgently

1045: Access denied for user 'database_vic'@'localhost' (using password: YES)