Ok I made a big mistake

Guest emailanj

Guest emailanj

I entered what I thought to be correct information for my shared cert and now, My admin page is gone. I can pull up my cart but not the admin?

This is were I entered the info:

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: (Include Trailing Slash)

Absolute SECURE URL to store (e.g. https://secure.domain.com):

Server SECURE Root Directory (e.g. /path/to/your/secure/webstore):

Enable SSL (Warning: This change takes place immediately after submit. Please ensure your secure Root Directory and Secure URL are correct and working before setting this to Yes): Yes No

How do I get it back?

I get a page not found with my reg domain and I get a

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. with the secured address

Thanks for any and all help.

Anj

Guest xtremexcorp

Check your settings again and make sure the data was not deleted. then ensure your paths are correct for your operating system.

Which OS are you using?

Guest emailanj

I am not sure how to check my settings without the admin working. Could you please advise?

I'm not using an Open sourse (os) I am using cube cart version 3

Thanks,

anj

Guest Europa

I am not sure how to check my settings without the admin working. Could you please advise?

I'm not using an Open sourse (os) I am using cube cart version 3

Thanks,

anj

By OS he means which Operating System are you using.

I had a similar problem with my install.

I'm like in the middle of a conference call right now so I can't really look but.

I think that if you use your FTP (program you used to upload the files) to open your Global.inc.php file with a text editor then you can manually change the SSL option to "No" and you will be able to access your Admin section again.

Guest emailanj

Sorry....windows XP is my OS.....LOL

Thanks.....I will try the Global.inc.php. I hope your conference call went well, thanks for your help. I have been tearing my hair our trying to figure out how to get my admin back.

Anj

Guest emailanj

I had a similar problem with my install.

I'm like in the middle of a conference call right now so I can't really look but.

I think that if you use your FTP (program you used to upload the files) to open your Global.inc.php file with a text editor then you can manually change the SSL option to "No" and you will be able to access your Admin section again

This didn't work do you by chance have any other Ideas on how I can get my admin back or at least locate it. My cart comes up just fine but no one can register or login. I guess it is trying to go to the secure location that I screwed up.

Any and all help is very much appreshiated.

Thanks,

anj

Guest vgascon

This didn't work do you by chance have any other Ideas on how I can get my admin back or at least locate it. My cart comes up just fine but no one can register or login. I guess it is trying to go to the secure location that I screwed up.

Any and all help is very much appreshiated.

Thanks,

anj

I ended up with the same situation. In my case, I re-installed the shopping cart to a new database, then copied the data from the important tables from one database to another.

Although it appears that my store shopping cart is mostly there, I am getting an error in many pages at the top of the page that reads:

Warning: opendir(../../language/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/naughtyt/public_html/Shoppe/includes/boxes/language.inc.php on line 41

The language.inc.php (and that whole directory tree) is there.

I am going to post this question separately.

Good luck recovering from your situation.

Guest vgascon

By the way, be careful which tables you copy and in what order. There are some strange data results whn you do this. For example, I strongly recommend not copying your orders table unless you absolutely have to. I ended up with a all orders showing up three times on the list (and if I delete one of them then all three listings disappear). I am sure these problems can be corrected, but why make more work for yourself? :ninja:

One table you should not need to copy is CubeCart_order_state; if you do you will ned up with duplicates of the order status (Pending, etc.) and then your orders will appear more than once.

[i will add more notes here as I come across worthy tidbits that someone else can use]