help sought with MySQL data repair

jerseyjoe

My CC3 has a category and four products that are not accessible through the CC3 - ACP. The items do not show up there as the normal category and product lists.

But they do persist as ghosts. Each of the four items occasionally appears in the Featured Product box. When one does, and is clicked on, that returns the error message that the product does not exist.

The cause of this is too tedious to explain but I think it is a reasonable assumption that these ghost Featured Items are being generated from the database.

I am a total incompetant when it comes to dealing with the Db. But if someone would be patient enough to explain, step by step, how to go in and remove that category and the four products that surely are there in some damaged form, I'm willing to do it.

I have access to my MySQL through cPanel's PHPadmin. I have already tried the cPanel's Repair. All files are reported as OK.

Anyone, please?

Ok. It's fixed now. :) There were 4 products left in your inventory whose categories had been deleted. Why? I'm not sure, but they're gone now.