Auto Generating Pricelist

Ok don't get me wrong here.

This isn't some super AI mod that automatically picks a selection of a range of your products and display it in a nice neat 2 column format. It's just a page which I specified to pull specific product codes etc from my database. (Heaps of people ask me where they can download this and if I can sendem a copy)

I will when i get a chance put a basic 2 column working version up with a * select so it'll give people a kick start. (when i get a chance >_<)

http://www.gamma.co.nz/pricelist/index.php

Product Titles link to the page in the website ~ See what you think. ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest tbladecki

I woudl like it as well it would work great on a store with lots and lots of products and allow them to take a quit look at all items.... Very intrested in obtaining a copy

• 2 months later...

lol sheesh ok ok i'll make it a note to try set this up sometime soon. sorry for the suspense :w00t: Just rammed down with university and everything.

Hi akumanz

Still waiting..............................;)

Yunus

Sorry for the delay. I am currently busy working on the new website for Gamma. Once that is done and out of the way I will make the necessary modifications and upload the pricelist addon ~ (Have to add some bits to make it easier to setup & use)

Cheers.

PS: Just to make it clear, you have to specify which products you want to display & from which categories. Maybe in the future versions after it's released i'll look into making it easier to edit & change these specifications but at the moment (once it's released). You'd have to do something like this.

$cpus_amd = mysql_query("SELECT title,price,product FROM cubecartstore_inventory WHERE (title LIKE '%sempron%' OR title LIKE '%opteron%' OR title LIKE '%athlon%' ) AND (cat_id = '150' OR cat_id = '152' OR cat_id = '151' ) ORDER BY title ASC ")

or die(mysql_error());

echo "<tr class='tablecontent2'><td class='tablecontenth1'  colspan='2'><b>CPU</b></td></tr>";

All you'd have to do is edit the highlighted green & blue code for every section of data. So you'd set the keywords you'd want to find & then limit the category to find these products in. (Also you'd set the title of the section as in the Red highlighted area. It's not too much effort :alien: & I'll include the instructions again when I release it.

Ie. the above data would control the AMD Cpu section in the pricelist here

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ok guys this is it I'm sorry. Some of you guys been waiting like 1 year for this & its nuts that i havent even done it yet lol.

Anyway basically ya sorry & as I haven't been able to polish it up or anything I'm gonna just package it up & send it out to anyone for $2 USD. (its about 1 pound) (you can send it to me via paypal, just send me a private message & i'll give you my address there) The price reflects the fact that I haven't packaged this up properly & it still contains the values from my store etc in terms of products to select & the categories & what not.

It does however work & with a bit of customising in terms of categories you should be up & running within about 10 - 20minutes i'd say. For people with stores which have pretty clear categories you could easily just set a box for each category & that'd be it. The problem we faced with our store was that because it was computer parts, you'd have to constantly update the pricelist script to tell it which CPU models to pull out, etc.

current demo (we didnt maintain the pricelist ~management decided not to ~ so some categories empty etc) :

http://tinyurl.com/yjmpjz

Those interested let me know :D

PS: i'll be giving full support to people when they're setting it up so don't worry about that aspect ;)

• 2 months later...