My Homepage Wont Change

Guest gpgarrettboast

Guest gpgarrettboast

I'm having a slight problem... For some reason, I am unable to change the Intro message on the homepage. I set the home.inc.php to 777 permissions, change the message through the Admin CP, then change the permissions back, but when I view the page, it says the default intro message:

Congratulations. You have successfully installed CubeCart.

This message can be edited using the Rich HTML Text Editor and you can add vibrant content to help sell your products.

Please remember that there is a license fee to pay to remove or edit our copyright notices.

It's not a problem with caching though... (I already tested for that.)

Any Ideas?

Thank you very much,

--Garrett

Guest gpgarrettboast

I believe it was addressed, based on the onscreen instructions that I was given, but I was still unable to to get it to change. I may just change it manually...

Guest vrakas

A client of mine had the same problem and i tryed it my self on his PC, the problem was there.

I sent by email the text he wanted to change in my email account and i did it from my Home Office PC and it worked :o

Dont ask me why i dont know ;)

Just a suggestion B)

PS i know its crazy but sh** happens :mellow:

Guest gpgarrettboast

I got it working, but it required manually editing the home.inc.php file... I hope I can get the interface working in the future, but for now, this will do. Thanks anyway.