Cart empty automatically??

Guest canda

Guest canda

Not sure anyone has this experience. I upgraded to v3.0.1, then this problem happened.

When I go to checkout, it works normal until it comes to "payment" step, once I click on "Postal order form" and then "continue", next screen is "transferring to payment", then jumps back to "cart" page and saids "Your shopping cart is currently empty.". The shopping cart is completely empty, and I need to redo the shopping again, sometimes the second try will then work normal. This just happen intermittently.

BTW, even the order seems not getting through, but the order will still appear in admin page, strange huh??

:)

Guest canda

Hi everyone,

i still can't figure out what's the problem with the checkout process. here's the website, everybody (especially "brooky") feel free to try out and hopefully give me some advice or solution.

My Webpage

Guest canda

Just an update about this problem. It even appear to be a problem on ver 3.0.0, I didn't change anything at all this time.

I'll try to upgrade it to ver3.0.1 without any mod, see what happen!!

:D

Guest canda

have tested with ver3.0.1 without any mod, the checkout still doing the same thing, and not just empty the cart by itself, even logout the user. I think it's a bug. anyone have this experience?? if you don't, go to my website and try out.

My Webpage

remember, it might work sometimes, give it a few go.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Canda,

I'm of no help to you except at least now you know that the problem is not just with your website. Mine is doing the same thing! I can't figure it out either. I wish I hadn't upgraded to 3.0! 2.0 was working fine. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution.

Jenny

This might be a good news, brooky saids the v3.0.2 will cover this issues, he thinks it's not a bug but a behaviour issue.

Therefore, we all look forward today's new release!! :P

I regret to say this but the rev3.0.2 still not working properly for me. My website is hosting by a hosting company using cpanel. PHP ver 4.3.11 and MySql ver 4.0.23-standard and GD ver 2 and I'm using IE6/firefox

The only thing I haven't tried (seriously try) was running installation script. Coz actually, I tried once, but when I tried access the page, it saids "access denied ...", which very strange?! anyway, i'll try again soon, hope that can fix.

If anyone find the same problem, or you have any better suggestion, let me know. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Here the print order form is working, but after the customer is able to print it out, it does not return to the shop again.

Where can I change it that after printing the order form the program should go back to the shop and display a succesfull transaction?

Greetings,

Marcel

Here the print order form is working, but after the customer is able to print it out, it does not return to the shop again.

Where can I change it that after printing the order form the program should go back to the shop and display a succesfull transaction?

Greetings,

Marcel

I've got my print form working now, however, maybe after a few make over, it doesn't send the confirmation email to customer, but the order notice to me still work. Why??

with your problem, I just add a link in "/modules/gateway/Print_Order_FormorderForm.tpl" at the buttom, so the customer can click back to the store.

maybe you can add a link there to another "successful" page, then jump back to the store.

How did you make your link, do you have the code you placed for me?

Greetings,

Marcel

add the following after the "thank you" message.

<center>

<form method="post" action="http://www.yourdomain.com">

<input type="submit" value="BACK TO HOMEPAGE">

</form></center>

Greetings,

Marcel

I've got my print form working now, however, maybe after a few make over, it doesn't send the confirmation email to customer, but the order notice to me still work. Why??

with your problem, I just add a link in "/modules/gateway/Print_Order_FormorderForm.tpl" at the buttom, so the customer can click back to the store.

maybe you can add a link there to another "successful" page, then jump back to the store.

Hi Canda.. how did you make your print order form work? Mine still says

shopping cart is empty.. Hmm.. thanks!

Ahmad

Guest markyvuk

Ahmed

What version of PHP are you using? I think it has something to do with that but trying to put my finger on it.

If you try the demo system here at Cubecart the print order system works fine!

I think I may have a solution but need to do more tests.

Mark

Guest markyvuk

Ahmed

Try the following and let me know what difference it makes....

In gateway/Print_Order_Form/orderForm.php at line 66 change

if($result == FALSE){

header("Location: ".$glob['rootRel']."cart.php?cart.php&act=step2");

}

to read

if($result == FALSE){

// header("Location: ".$glob['rootRel']."cart.php?cart.php&act=step2");

}

All that I've done is stopped the cart jumping to step2 and forced it to display the order form. Crude I know but it works for me.

It would be nice to get some support from the experts on here as to what is causing this problem. Sadly even though I started a bug report over two weeks ago now no one has had the manners to respond. I know I am not alone on this one as I have had many emails from others with the same problem. I am using PHP version 4.3.10 btw.

Well, regarding to Ahmed's problem, you can definitely try markyvuk's suggestion, however, you may lost some functionality or something else.

what i did is just delete everything of cubecart, even database and user in cpanel. then recreate the database and user (assign user permission as well), then upload the entire cubecart folder, run install.php. once every steps of installation config. properly. the working version of cubecart is ready.

that's just my experience and may only apply to my hosting. Hope this help

i tink i know what happens.. i got this error:

MySQL Error Occured

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

QUERY = SELECT id, printable_name FROM CubeCart_iso_countries WHERE id =

anyone can help? i have been having late nights tryna get this solved...

Ahmed

Try the following and let me know what difference it makes....

In gateway/Print_Order_Form/orderForm.php at line 66 change

if($result == FALSE){

header("Location: ".$glob['rootRel']."cart.php?cart.php&act=step2");

}

to read

if($result == FALSE){

// header("Location: ".$glob['rootRel']."cart.php?cart.php&act=step2");

}

All that I've done is stopped the cart jumping to step2 and forced it to display the order form.  Crude I know but it works for me.

It would be nice to get some support from the experts on here as to what is causing this problem.  Sadly even though I started a bug report over two weeks ago now no one has had the manners to respond.  I know I am not alone on this one as I have had many emails from others with the same problem.  I am using PHP version 4.3.10 btw.

Thanks

I was having the printable form problem as well and this took care of it.

Guest markyvuk

bfriend

I agree it does seem to solve the problem. However as stated before I advise use with great caution as we have ommitted a line of code which I am sure was put there for a good reason.

Can the developers advise why this line is causing some of us a problem?