3.01 Install

roban

Just reporting that the installation of 3.01 went flawlessly. Store is offline while I restock from 2.07 but so far I like the html editor very much and the addition of my new graphic header was easy as apple pie and adding categories and products is a pleasure. I am using the Killer theme which is a 'Killer'. Kudos go out to all who contributed to this release.

Hi Roban

I`m getting ready to upgrade to CC3, so its nice to hear its all good. I was just wondering how you get all the customer information over to the new shop? Do all the customers have to register again in the new shop?

Regards Nils

Hi there tcbhaagens,

I think you're going to have to bite the legendary bullet on that one. I had to and also re-install all products. Unless you can figure a way to upload your customer database into the new one. I can't help you there M8.

Guest GnomeyNewt

Hello,

If you know how to script php/asp/perl you could probally write a script to take from old db and enter into the new one for customer details. However I am curious if it uses the same password encryption, that would be my only concern when transfering the customers from the old cart.

Guest twisted

However I am curious if it uses the same password encryption

Yes it does...both versions use the md5 hash.

IF your old db AND your new database were in the same location, yes, you could write a php script to get the old customer details and insert them into the new customer table. [if you simply moving from v.2 to v.3, and not changing hosts, then this shouldn;t be a problem].

HOWEVER....the v.3 version has a lot more fields in the customers table than does the old v.2....so you would have a number of empty fields in your v.3 customers table.