Sales Tax not working

MY 3.0.1 store has txes set at 7.5% for the state of Alabama. When processing an order, it never calculates the tax for orders from AL. It shows the total of the item only. :(

No solutions seem to be found in the forum. Any information or help is appreciated.

:D

I had the same problem. Try this first in Admin Control Panel General Settings,scroll down to: set Include tax in prices? to 'No' It makes no sense but I think the switch is reversed. That should enable sales tax.

Then Follow this link if you have a shipping problem as well:http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=9132

and other links within the post.

• 6 months later...
Guest fulmater

The upgrade to 3.02 won't affect shipping, however you might want to upgrade since upgrading is not a big deal unless you're heavily modded.

Wow version 3.8 and the bug is still there. I set mine to NO and it now calculates tax on each sale in my state. Thanks for the “fix†lol

:D

Guest groovejuice

It's not a bug, just ambiguous wording. I think what "yes" means here is "I'm going to calculate the applicable tax for each item and add it into my price" (rather than have the cart calculate it separately) :D

• 2 months later...
Guest Lindsaymk

This may or may not be of use to anyone, but I will post it anyway. A client of mine asked that I 'remove' the country field for customers registering on their website, since they only do work locally. Then the client came back to me and asked why the shopping cart was not calculating any sales tax. It turns out that the database was looking for the country code, and it was not being captured during registration. So, with the addition of a hidden field, we're back in business. But, just in case anyone made the same 'mistake' I did when trying to slim down the form, perhaps this will help.