Where did this (hacking) topic go ???

Yesterday there were two topics, started by the same person, claiming to be a unhappy customer. The writer claimed to know of unlicensed (with the cc links and copyright removed) sites using CC that had been threatened of being hacked by CC - so I presume he meant Brooky.

These allegations may well (and are most likely to be) fictitious. However I replied to one of the topics posing the question that Brooky should answer and confirm that there are no back doors into CC. I need to know this information and am sure you all do too.

All forums attract idiots from time to time and most moderators do a good job of moderating yet allowing such posts to remain. The poster may have been making a ridiculous claim but it is one that needs an answer and not totally censoring out.

Like most here I love CC and have the greatest respect for Brooky, which is why I added such an important post to the topic yesterday.

I've looked long and hard to find those posts this morning but with no luck and I wouldn't have written now without having done so. But, if I just being stupid and the post are still here somewhere, I apologise in advance, but ask that someone point me in the correct direction to find these topics (and Brooky's response).

Rob

Thanks for the pointer Oscqfx. Thanks for what you put there Brooky, that clears this matter up. But, the posts were censored - shame, closing them of with the answer would have perhaps been better.

akumanz - I think you missed my point but thank you too.

This matter is now resolved.

Guest OskMedia

i can assure you that they are security measures TAKEN in CC 3, aka copyright removal via admin panel, im sure thats encrypted or else could be eaily configred to just take out copyright. Im sure there are also some other security precautions in there also, if you mis use cube cart im sure it owuld be shut down, but also perfectly fine with it AS all of you should to. hes giving it away free, and there are alot of mean people out there, ALOT, a small security measure should not affect your store NOR in any way unless you are doing something wrong aka trying to remove copyright or use it for anything that is against his terms, SOOOO don't trip its fair game and I would do it to as all of you

Well OskMedia, I applaud you - others may not have in the past, but you've been bold enough to enter this debate. So 'hello' and thank you. I for one trust Brooky to play straight as I've no reason to think otherwise, and I certainly think his code kicks ass. But, I'd respect him even more if he'd join this debate (yes, yes I know he's otherwise occupied workin hard on 3 for us all) and state categorically that although he's built in better licenceing stuff that 'even he' couldn't get in a back door to any ones cart. I don't mind how much stuff a copyright owner does to protect his stuff and have happily paid (and will on further sites) as long as I know that there is no way that anyone can mess with my stuff.

Guest OskMedia

95 percent of cube cart v2 sites take the copyright out......I cheer for him now becasue its not exactly possible in v3.....without doing it a legit way....but also if a cracker/hacker really wants to get it gone im sure they can all code has faults, and i mean all code, adios for now

Guest OskMedia

roban you are 500 percent right.........this software is easily worth 2500 usd.....its corporate software brought to consumers. enough said :unsure: