I hate to say this but....

roban

Shipping costs and tax are so unreliable in 3.01 that it renders the cart unuseable. It refuses to add the correct shipping cost (I set $4.50 and it charges $4.89) and doesn't add shipping to Pay Pal. I haven't been able to add tax to anything yet. I charge 8.75% sales tax to New York buyers only and have never been able to have the cart add tax. If I want to sell I am going to have to pay for a cart that works. It's that simple.

There are a lot of good people trying to make a good product here at Cube Cart but it's too buggy to go prime time IMO. Maybe some day but not today.

If I sound frustrated....I am!

I think that a lot of the problems that people are having with CubeCart v3.0.1 has more to do with the lack of good documentation rather than bugs.

A couple of issues that I had when setting up my test store were due to bugs - both of which have been addressed and solved by others in the forum. I'm assuming that Brooky has dealt with them with v.3.0.2

More problems that I have had have simply been incorrectly configured settings.

Most of those problems have also been addressed in the forums but these forums would be a lot less busy if there was some basic setup documentation.

But first let's see what v.3.0.2 brings

I'm not sure if this is of any use, but I was having seemingly inexplicable problems with prices too - everything was a completely different price to what I was entering into the Admin section.

It seems obvious to me in retrospect, but I needed to go into the Currencies section and change the conversions, which are of course set up for US dollars as the base currency and all the conversion rates start with US dollars as 1.000. I needed to change it so that, in my case, the Australian dollar equals 1.000 and other currencies are converted from that.

That would seem like one explanation for shipping costs displaying differently to what you entered into the Admin section.

Let me say that this problem has been resolved and shipping and tax are working perfectly for me. The fix involved a couple of very easy adjustments the least of which was turning 'off' include tax in prices under General Settings in Admin Control Panel. It seems that the switch is backwards and 'off' is actually 'on'. This does not seem to have been fixed in 3.02.