Upgrading problems...

...and from what I've seen in the forums, neither does 3.1.

It is amazing how the "new" version of cube cart actually get worse!!! It's my own fault for just deleting the old cart and starting new with 3.0. I trusted (oops!) that it would be an improvement...But now nothing works. I've been spending full days messing with code, cruising the forums (Hey cube cart, ever hear of a user manual???) looking for solutions to bugs...all the while unable to accept any payments! As soon as I solve one problem, another pops up. I'm just glad I didn't actually pay money for this (came with fantastico package).

So anyway, is there anyway to "downgrade"? I would love to go back to 2.07, but am not willing to spend another week re-skinning and re-formatting everything.

FULLY AND ENTIRELY FRUSTRATED,

(is it just me?)

Jenny

I understand your frustration because I have been there.

The cart works, at least 3.01 does for me. The big problem is shipping and tax but I expect those will get sorted out soon but everything else is working fine. Have you heavily modded your cart? Give us a URL to look at. ;)

Guest twisted

So anyway, is there anyway to "downgrade"? I would love to go back to 2.07, but am not willing to spend another week re-skinning and re-formatting everything.

If you did not keep a copy of your old site....then unfortunately, you're going to have to bite the bullet on that one and just do it. Sorry.

Perosnally [and I'll probably get a slap on the wrist for this......but], I believe that due to all the bugs still in v.3.0....it should still be a beta version.

Thats my opinion.

It is amazing how the "new" version of cube cart actually get worse!!!

On the contrary. So many bugs have been fixed! 3.0.2 comes out tomorrow which will be really quite stable.

(Hey cube cart, ever hear of a user manual???)

I'm the sole employee here. Doing everything from accounting to support to of course development... I would love to release a manual but I simply haven't been able to squeeze in the time.

CC3 has taken about 10 months of developemt time single handedly. At times I have thought is is overambitious...

I am sorry about the bugs. v3.0.0 - 3.0.1 probably should have been beta still. And I need to try and find a way to stop getting so code blind!

Feeling confident about 3.0.2 released tomorrow. Lots more bugs fixed.

Hey Brooky,

I don't mean to dump on you...I just needed to vent a little. Some of my problems may be from my own mods (mostly cosmetic ones though) I don't know. I am nearly done though, it's just the gateway process that's getting me now (unfortunately the most important part).

Here are a the probs currently on my plate if anyone knows the answer:

(I have seen similar problems posted, but either they didn't have a constructive response or the solution given didn't solve the problem for me)

1) When $US is selected as currency, paypal returns an error that says something like, "this account does not accept Swiss Francs (that's the default currency as I am in Switzerland but my paypal account is in US). I noticed in PayPal/transfer.ini.php it looks like it sends the default currency. I am not sure how to change that.

Then, when you click the "return to merchant" button you go to an error page that says,

"Warning: main(modules/gateway//transfer.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jbeyler/public_html/shop/includes/content/confirmed.inc.php on line 44

It looks like it is not recognizing the selected gateway (as the // is empty).

2) Since the Swiss generally don't like/trust PayPal and online credit card methods, I wanted to use the print order form gateway and have them direct deposit into my Swiss account in Swiss Francs BUT...

When this payment method is selected, you push "continue" and the cart empties and returns to step 2. There is no "order form", no success or failure message and no confirmation e-mail so I assume it didn't work.

Anyway,

Those are my current problems...any advice?

Jenny

I must say,3.0.1 is working with me,even shipping (weight),2co gateway,currency,all I need except some small problems which I believe new release will fix.I also spent lot of time to move part of my shop to new version and I am sure it wasn´t useles work ! Well,main shop I am still keeeping in 2.0.7 and sure I will wait untill it´s more stabile and without bugs,but I am optimist... :P

PS:By the way,froogle feed I downloaded was also without problem and is already alive on froogle.....good feature,I realy appreciate not to have to modify anything....simply download and go !!!

If next release fix most bugs,everybody who will use it as own e-commerce solution should consider to support brooky´s work and pay for license !

By the way brooky,if you read our posts,maybe it won´t be bad idea to place some donation link on cc homepage for those users,who are still not decided to buy licence,but would be willing to give at least some financial support.... :)

"Hey cube cart, ever hear of a user manual???)"

Yes, I agree, but I also sympathise with brooky (or any one-person-band developer) because of their lack of time.

I'm going through the same hassels right now with the latest version of a prog called Gallery (Ver.2) which is a superb photo-gallery system. Like CC, Gallery suffers from lack of decent documentation. One also gets the impression that their developers - and there's a whole team of them, unlike CC - are mostly too busy to answer forum questions; some get answered super-fast, others not at all.

This seems to be a general problem with OS software; it's written by unpaid volunteers, it's free (or dirt-cheap) and the hapless programmer(s) simply don't have sufficient waking hours to write instruction manuals.

I'm currently doing a bit of simple "reverse engineering" of Gallery just so I can modify the b***** thing to my liking; when I reckon I know enough, I intend putting my own simple "How to" instructions on one of my web sites for anyone's interest.

I believe that which many CC users want is not instructions on how to dive into code in great depth and complexity, but simple, 1-2-3-type instuctions on how do perform the most popular and requested tasks. If I felt confidant I'd have a crack at doing one for CC, but I'm nowhere near familiar enough with it (yet).

Hopefully with 3.0.2, I and others will be encouraged to press on!

Hey Brooky,

I don't mean to dump on you...

No worries. I didn;t take it personally at all. :unsure:

1)  When $US is selected as currency, paypal returns an error that says something like, "this account does not accept Swiss Francs (that's the default currency as I am in Switzerland but my paypal account is in US). I noticed in PayPal/transfer.ini.php it looks like it sends the default currency. I am not sure how to change that.

It does send the default currency and it has to be a currency PayPal accepts. Why? Because the exchange rates on CubeCart are not in real time and thus the prices you charge your customers wont be realistic.

Then, when you click the "return to merchant" button you go to an error page that says,

"Warning: main(modules/gateway//transfer.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such                  file or directory in /home/jbeyler/public_html/shop/includes/content/confirmed.inc.php on line 44

It looks like it is not recognizing the selected gateway (as the // is empty).

This is fixed in 3.0.2 for Authorize.net and WorldPay I will test it again with WOrldPay. In sandbox and IPN it won't redirect back which has been driving me crazy.

2) Since the Swiss generally don't like/trust PayPal and online credit card methods, I wanted to use the print order form gateway and have them direct deposit into my Swiss account in Swiss Francs BUT...

When this payment method is selected, you push "continue" and the cart empties and returns to step 2. There is no "order form", no success or failure message and no confirmation e-mail so I assume it didn't work.

This I can't explain. I haven't seen that problem on any store or the dev stores. Have you customised it?

Is there any way to go back to plain text format when adding descriptions? I'm on dial up and the administration in 3.0.1 takes forever with the the rich text capability. I'm not all that interested in "pretty"... just give me "efficient."

Hi Brooky,

Thanks for the reply. I changed my default currency to match my PayPal account, so that seems to work now.

The problem with the order form gateway where step 5 empties the cart and goes to step 2 upon submition...still persists. I have customized a lot of things, but not anything like that (mostly just basic stuff within the skin folders).

While investigating why it would go to back to step 2, I found this code in orderForm.php:

$result = $db->select("SELECT * FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_order_sum INNER JOIN ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_customer ON ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_order_sum.customer_id = ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_customer.customer_id WHERE ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_order_sum.cart_order_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($basket['cart_order_id']));

if($result == FALSE){

header("Location: ".$glob['rootRel']."cart.php?cart.php&act=step2");

I don't really get what it all means except that $result must have been FALSE for it to go to step 2. Does this mean something is wrong with my database files or what? Also, I found another case of this problem in the forum:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....=ST&f=22&t=9569

Ok, lastly, I got my cubecart 3.0 installation from my host. Is it still possible to upgrade it? if so, will I lose the changes I've already made on this version? I am a little upgrade-shy at this point.

Thanks,

TGIF

Jenny