Anyone got any opinions on.....

Guest racadillo

Guest racadillo

...Paypal?

We use PayPal as our main payment gateway and have never had any problems.

However, we're a fair trade company, and we are helping out a friend in India with a charity project at the moment.

He has set up a PayPal account linked to a US bank account to take donations, but he's heard some PayPal horror stories and now he's a little dubious.

Anyone got any opinions, good or bad, about PayPal?

Any answers much appreciated :P

Cheers

Sara

racadillo.com

Pay Pal is vulnerable but if you are diligent you will be ok. I had a problem last year where someone tried to take some dollars from my account. I caight it before any damage was done and Pay Pal went the extra mile to secure my account and the transaction. I have used it for several years and that is the first and only problem I have had. It is up to the user to make certain that their account is secure by not giving information out to third parties they do not know. In my case someone who had hacker mentality and, who I knew bythe way, tried to take me for several hundred dollars. I use Pay Pal now and feel as secure as I can feel. I also use GeoTrust on my site to help make customers feel secure.

Guest Oscgfx

PayPal has so far (over 2 years) provided me with great service. I have never had reason to complain. Their rates are pretty competitve aswell.

PayPal is one of the biggest payment companies around and this is why there is so many horror stories - so many users. The same as McDonalds is getting all the stick - because its the most popular, not necessarily because its any worse for you than Burger King.