Version 3.2

Author: Joseph Rukshan Fonseka

Email: [email protected]

Mod website: http://www.intimatewear.com.au/cc3_mods/

This is a mod for cubecart 3

BACK UP!!!! BACK UP!!!!

License

---------------------------------------------------------

You may use this mod on your cube cart without purchasing a license if you leave the search engine friendly link on the footer intact. Removing the link will violate the license. If you wish for the link to be removed you must purchase a license. The license purchased is for cube cart(s) running on a SINGLE domain name.

NOTE!! This license for the mod is in NO WAY affliated with cube cart or Devellion Ltd at all!!!

I suggest you download the mod and install it and only if you are happy with the results and wish to remove the search engine friendly link at the footer then consider purchasing a license for the mod!

To obtain license go to

http://www.intimatewear.com.au/cc3_mods/

Select if you want the mod only OR the mod + installation. Then contact me on my email and provide me with the domain names of both your live and test server (if different from localhost or 127.0.0.1) and I will send you a license copy without the link in the footer.

NOTE!! If you decide to select the mod only option. Please install the mod first to make sure it is working and you are happy with it BEFORE you decide to buy a license. Licenses are NON refundable!!!

Requirements

Your cube cart must be running on Apache (Windows or Linux)

Your apache does NOT need to support the RewriteRule for this mod anymore, infact your apache

does not need to support .htaccess files at all for this mod to work.

Features

* URLS in cube cart are easy for humans to read

* URLS in cube cart are easy for search engine to spider

* PHP sessions are killed if the user agent is identified as a search engine

* Large list of known spiders. Taken from the OsCommerce project

* Boxes such as shopping cart and sessions are hidden if the user agent is identified as a search engine

These links have redir parameters tagged to the URLs which can exhaust a spider because of the infinite

amount of links its creates.

As of version 2.0

* Product and category names appear within the URL

* Will strip dangerous characters from the product/category when generating the url

* Does not require the RewriteRule for this mod to work

* Cube cart can be in a folder other than the root directory, no special mods required for this.

As of version 3.0

* Fixed bug with currency and language dropdown boxes

* Fixed bug with search

* Fixed bug with print form

* Fixed bug with more images

* Fixed other miscellaneous bugs

* Added admin on/off search engine friendly url switch

* Displays category names within the title bar just like the products.

As of version 3.1

* Fixed bug where if a product had options, the buy button from within a category jumped to the homepage

* Added switch to admin so user can now specify whether their server supports .htaccess files and the ForceType keyword.

* Merged up mod to cube cart 3.0.2 files.

As of version 3.2

* Fixed minor bug but huge impact. Paypal gateway wasn't working. AND possibly other gateways!

Instructions

* Back up your cube cart before doing anything!

* If you have a fresh install of cube cart version 3.0.2 then

simply overwrite the files in your cube cart with the files in the zip file. NOTE! Make sure your cube cart is installed correctly and working before you apply this mod!

* If you have made ANY mods to your cube cart or your cube cart is NOT version 3.0.2 then I suggest you use WinMerge and

merge the search engine mods to your cube cart files. All changes are clearly marked

with a comment to make it easy to identify what to merge. PLEASE NOTE!! If you have previously

installed an older version of this MOD, then I suggest you undo all changes before applying this MOD.

Easiest way is to do a diff between your cubecart and the original version of your cubecart and

revert back all search engine friendly mods. If you do not know how to use winmerge or merge software DO NOT even attempt to

install this on your modded cubecart. Get someone to do it for you! I cannot provide any support if you decide to install the mod yourself.

* Download Xenu Link from http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html, use this to check your cube cart. Point to the

homepage. There should be a finite amount of pages crawled and hopefully no URLs with

question marks in them. If you get a finite amount of pages and all links are Ok, congratulations

your cube cart is search engine friendly!

* If you require someone to install this mod on your cubecart, then please visit http://www.intimatewear.com.au/cc3_mods/

* After moding your cube cart. Go to Store config -> General Settings in your admin panel. Scroll down and select YES for search engine friendly URL.

* Please select YES to my server supports .htaccess files. Then browse your shop and see if there are any page errors. If there is, turn this option off.

Problems

---------------------------------------------------------------

1) If you can't get this mod working on your shop. I suggest to install a test cart that is a clean

fresh install of cube cart 3.0.2 then apply this mod. If that works perphaps the merge to your cube cart might not

have been 100% correct.

2) If you notice something odd/bug about your cube cart's behaviour. Turn off search engine friendly URLs from the admin panel

and try again. If it happens still it will most likely be a cube cart bug.

3) If you think it is a genuine search engine friendly mod bug, please test it on my test cart http://www.intimatewear.com.au/testcart if it happens there too, email me the details of the bug.

Disclaimer

BACK UP your cube cart and try the mod first on a non active cube cart. I am

not responsible for any loss of data or any thing else for that matter. It is

your choice to add this mod to your cube cart and you do so at your own risk.

View File

• 3 weeks later...

Guest retire_young2005

I have installed it with a fresh install. Turned friendly urls and htaccess to yes.

But when I go to my store and click on the catagory or product the link in the browser doesn't show the product name or catagory name.

Guest rukiman

retire_young. Not sure why your not seeing the product & category names. PM me your link so I can take a quick look to see if I can spot something.

Anyways FYI. There are some minor bugs in this mod.

1) the "background=" url are not being made absolute and hence some of you with skins that rely on this may be finding your site being messy.

2) Form actions that had no links ie. action="" incorrectly became action="/", so the ADD button in view basket page incorrectly returned the user back to the homepage and possibly other forms.

3) Some links in the cart and register pages were broken. This is a regression.

Well thats all the bugs I have discovered, if there any others let me know so I can iron them out before I release v4.0 of this mod. Which I plan to do as soon as cube cart 3.0.3 comes out, so I can upgrade the mod files at the same time.

v4.0 will normalize accented latin characters to their english equilavent. What this means is that the products/category names with accented characters will be displayed normalized within the URL. This is step up from the current behaviour where these characters will be removed and most search engines seem to normalize accented characters. So searching for say "cafe" will bring up results for "cafe" and "café".

I have added this mod as per the instructions, but with httaccess turned off, what I have noticed is that when turning on friendly URLS and click on the 3g mobiles tab, it does not go to the products page it just stays on the home page, as I have only just started to input products I could do with some help. Will this work only on new products, will it automatically take account of existing products already installed?

Currently I have this turned off, but I can turn on the URLS for you to see the effect if you wish.

It is a fantastic mod if only I could get it to work

Yep, I'm having the same problem with this mod. I loaded it on a fresh load of CC. It will only show the "homepage" of products. Once I click on a tab to take me to a section say "electronics" it will show "electronics" in the URL but still be on the home page...? Any clues? Thanks. And this is a cool mod!

The mod is loaded with .httaccess off and URL friendly on.

My web site is www.essentialsonly.com

If one of you two would like to PM me your server ftp details username/password I will take a look. If this is a problem that many are facing and my mod is installed on a fresh cart I would like to sort it out. As it stands, can't do anything about it as the problem does not occur on my cart.

EDIT

Actually, before I take a look, please use version 3.2 of my mod and version 3.0.2 of cubecart. From your footer I can see you are using 3.1 of my mod and version 3.0.0 of cubecart. This maybe the likely cause. Please test and post your results.

you can only use version 3.2 of my mod with cube cart 3.0.2 or greater. And if the cart is not a fresh 3.0.2 then you will have to merge the files and can't simply overwrite them.

Hi,

I have installed your mod and i am having a problem getting it working.

My server config doesn't support ForceType so I have got .htaccess set to no.

The links seem to have updated correctly but I keep getting 404 errors.

The site can be found at www.penguininternet.co.uk.

Is the mod based on multiviews if you can't use ForceType... Any help appreciated, this is a great mod and will really help my client if I can get it working.

Thanks in advance

Gary Bennion

In your website your links are http://www.penguininternet.co.uk/shop.php-...r-fun/c_10.html

which should really be http://www.penguininternet.co.uk/shop.php/...r-fun/c_10.html

Which is why it doesnt work. As for why its doing that I have no idea. Did you modify the mod in anyway just out of curiosity?

EDIT

Can I have your server login to create a test cart to try it out for myself?

Hi, great mod ........ if i could get it to work.

Mines doing the same as above. All the pages work fine, appart from the product pages where a - is being added to the link instead of a /

so in my demo site its doing

store/shop.php-desking/c_1.html

when really it should be doing

store/shop.php/desking/c_1.html

is there anywhere that just that can be changed ?

Cheers Tim

Yes it is a confirmed bug with the mod. Will be addressed in the next release. I did not accomodate for that fact that someone may have changed the directory seperator in the admin to something else. For the time being just reset the Directory Symbol back to a '/'

Guest rainman7715

Hello,

I did have this mod installed and working on 3.0.1 I updated to 3.0.2 and installed v3.2 of this mod and it no longer works. The only thing I have that differs from a fresh install is a modifyed version of the killer theme maybe thats my problem; but I don't know. My server does support .htaccess and force type.

This is the error im reciving:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/cmhobbie/public_html/includes/sef_urls.inc.php on line 50

Thanks for any help in advance,

Seann Gearhart