Sub-Category Images

Guest Europa

Guest Europa

I've done all the work to the software that I need for the moment and I'm about to start uploading all of my stock. I'm just tidying up all of the loose ends before I register, backup and begin the long and tedious task of creating a 2000 strong database from scratch :innocent:

Is there anyway that I can remove the images of the blue folder that are used by default for sub-categories?

I'd really like if it I could just have a list? if that can be done with a minimal amount of fuss?

Otherwise, where abouts are the folder images located on the server?

Guest Europa

I changed the image to a 1px gif and it takes care of half the problem.

The text is centered and spread all over the column (just looks messy) and there is a light blue hi-light that is behind all of the text.

I'd really really really like it if the subcats could just be in a left aligned good 'ol plain old fashioned vanilla text list :D

Guest Europa

OK so I replaced the image with a 1px one and I used <BR> tags in the sub-category names and it's beginning to look a lot more like it needs to be.

Now all I need to do is remove that blue highlight that appears over the text and just feels buggy, sometimes it's there and sometimes it's only half there. It just looks pieced together. Like This

So if someone knows how to remove the highlight or to change the highlight from the pale blue to a white? it would be of a great help to me :-)

Guest GnomeyNewt

I don't see the line you are talking about in IE or FireFox? Maybe you fixed it already?

Anyhow, here is what you can do for a list, something like this will make it a true list and than you can style the list any way you want.

Found in skins/TEMPLATE/styleTemplates/content/viewCat.tpl

<div id="subCats">

<ul>

<!-- BEGIN: sub_cats_loop -->

<li><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={TXT_LINK_CATID}" class="txtDefault">{TXT_CATEGORY}</a> ({NO_PRODUCTS})</li>

<!-- END: sub_cats_loop -->

</ul>

</div>

Or you can just remove the image from the template itself:

<div id="subCats">

<div class="subCat">

<a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={TXT_LINK_CATID}" class="txtDefault">{TXT_CATEGORY}</a> ({NO_PRODUCTS})

</div>

</div>

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tbladecki

I am new to this but you can try this:

Just after or maybe before the following:

div class="boxContent">

<span class="txtContentTitle">PC Games</span>

<br clear="all" />

EITHER HERE

<div id="subCats">

<ul>

OR HERE, IT NEEDS TO GO IN THIS AREA

<li><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId=19&amp;PHPSESSID=79b9b8b19acc751009d3feb797117e5f" class="txtDefault">Action Games</a> (1)</li>

Enter the following:

<p align="left"></p>

I belive that is is in the veiwcat.tpl file.. let me know if you have any problems, or you can send me a copy of the code and I can make the correction for you if you have a hard time doing it.

Hope this helps, like I said I am new but I have stumbled my way around for a while

These two small mods mods will give a "simple list when showing categories " (example):

Found in skins/TEMPLATE/styleTemplates/content/viewCat.tpl

here. In addition you will have to modify the "layout.css" (which really is the point, the above code only mods the list from bulleted to not bulleted) Found in skins/TEMPLATE/styleTemplates/styleSheets/layout.css Search/find the string #subCats and replace "text-align: center;" with "text-align: left;". Walla!

<div id="subCats">

<dl>

<dd><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={TXT_LINK_CATID}" class="txtDefault">{TXT_CATEGORY}</a> ({NO_PRODUCTS})</dd>

</dl>

I.e. change <ul> (original) to <dl> (changing from bulleted to "none"). Changing <li> (original) to <dd> will align the list to the left with one tab. <dt> is without one "tab". More details regarding list-options can be found 
#subCats {

background-color: #EBEDFE;

text-align: left   ;

border: 1px solid #C9CEFC;

margin: 0px;

padding: 3px;

float: left;

width: 387px;

}

:)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest foxfire

Hi,

I am trying to get the 'sub cat' list organised.

Did that OK, but the sub cat box has fell out of the main box.

Bit hard to explain, please see web page, compared to home or product page.

Not sure what I did to cause this. If any one can solve this problem, please post.

The joys of creating my first skin....but I have had fun, and think it looks nice.

Webpage

Thank you,

foxfire

Guest tbladecki

I looked at your site for a couple of mins back and forth and I must be a retard, because I can not see where the problem is that you are talking about on it "falling off"

Guest foxfire

Hi,

Sorry, you beat me to it. In Australia, different time zone and all, I'm on my lunch break..

I fixed it!

I found that in the viewCat.tpl, while I was changing the code around etc,that I had </div> twice in a row.

Upset the apple cart a bit.

Thank you tbladecki for taking the time to check it out, appreciated.

Thanks all,

foxfire