CubeCart behavior on a Window 2003 Server

Guest dpage44

Guest dpage44

I have searched the forum and i know CubeCart can be made to work on a Windows server. I currently have an X-cart store on a windows 2003 server with MySql 5.0 and PHP5 that offers up a redirect page when adding a product to the cart. It suffers from what Xcart support calls a "misbehaviour" of the way IIS handles the "Location" header causing scripts that use this header to go into infinite loops. The redirect page only lasts less than 2 seconds, but it does not instill customer confidence to see this redirect IMHO. This behavior did not show in a local tesing environment. Fortunately I am still in the 30 day evaluation period. :)

Does anybody have experience with CubeCart offering up any redirects or act in an unpredictable manner on a properly permissioned ISS6 server? I do not want to change hosts at this point

Guest dpage44

I installed it on my server and I did not get any redirects and it behaved well at first look, but... I don't see a way to do in house credit card processing. I'll continue this question in the proper forum

Guest dpage44

Well, I found my mod and it looks like CubeCart is going to work. (Even modded my mod ;) ) I have found CC to be quick and stable (so far) on Windows. We did have to comment out the Set the SQL mode to strict sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"in my.ini in order to upload images, (tip of the hat to Goober999) but no other changes from a standard MySql 5.0 / PHP5 install have been made thus far. Cubecart has run flawlessly through 10 test orders with a total stock of 6 products. All aspects of the store seem to be workng flawlessly at this point.

The next step is to install the SSL certificate and continue the test drive. At this point, it seems there are no technical reasons why CubeCart will not work well in a Windows environment. I will continue to post my progress.

Guest dpage44

The SSL installation was sucessful. Everything works as it should. I have purchased a license today and we will continue to customize the store. I am very pleased with the speed of the store at this point. We will add more products and features and keep this updated as we go. :sourcerer: