Fix for Google Base Product ID Attribute Requirement?

Guest jcb

On May 1st, Google Base began requiring an id attritute and won't accept feeds without it. There have been fixes posted here and at cubecart.org, but they don't work for me...possibly because I have the SEO mod installed. The fix posted on the .org site adds the id column, but doesn't fill in the product id's. If anyone could help I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, Mysty. There is no changelog posted with the upgrade, but it looks like the changes to admin/products/index.php are the same as what Brooky posted on the .org forum. I already made those changes, but it didn't work. I have the SEO mod installed and thought maybe that was why the fix didn't work. I responded to Brooky's post on the .org forum on May 27th, but haven't gotten a reply. It's difficult to install an upgrade to a heavily modded cart without a changelog.

Guest WeirdGear Dave

I have the SEO mod installed and followed the fix mentioned above and had the same results. (i.e. extra column called 'id' with blank fields).

I added this bit of code onto the 'admin/products/index.php' page and got it working - do a back up of the page in case things go wrong for you :unsure:

$results[$i]['productId']."\t".

Find

// SEO friendly mod

if($config['sef'] == 0) {

$googleBaseContent .= $results[$i]['productId']."\t".$glob['storeURL']."/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=".$results[$i]['productId']."\t".$name."\t".$desc;

} else {

include_once("../../includes/sef_urls.inc.php");

$googleBaseContent .= $glob['storeURL']. "/" . sef_get_base_url(). generateProductUrl($results[$i]['productId'])."\t".$name."\t".$desc;

}

and replace with

// SEO friendly mod

if($config['sef'] == 0) {

$googleBaseContent .= $results[$i]['productId']."\t".$glob['storeURL']."/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=".$results[$i]['productId']."\t".$name."\t".$desc;

} else {

include_once("../../includes/sef_urls.inc.php");

$googleBaseContent .= $results[$i]['productId']."\t".$glob['storeURL']. "/" . sef_get_base_url(). generateProductUrl($results[$i]['productId'])."\t".$name."\t".$desc;

}

• 1 month later...