Cubecart not notifying buyer of digital download link

Guest nwosbs

Guest nwosbs

CubeCart 3.0.10

PayPal IPN Gateway

Consumer makes a purchase.

I get notice from Paypal of purchase success.

Customer gets notice from Paypal of purchase success.

Cubecart admin panel has the invoice listed.

Customer never gets a notice from my site giving them the information on how to make the download.

When the customer looks at their sales history, the sale status is "Pending".

I can take the download link listed in the admin panel invoice and cut and paste it. Downlaod works.

For some bizarre reason the Cubecart software is just not notifying the buyer of the sale. Or, in the alternative, just doesn't know the sale went through.

This is a fresh install. The prior install had the same problem.

Anyone have ANY ideas? Any other info I could post that would help sort through this?

I have the owner of a record company (about 10 artists) and a TV station interested in this software. He wants to go heavy into digital downloads of TV shows, but I can't show the software until it actually works.

Thanks!

I'm going for CubeCart. But there is not any kind of automatic notification system for digital download. Always take lenghty time cause of manual proccess.

There are two more option need to successfully operating a store of digital/downloadable product:

1) Automaticaly sent a mail with download link of the products. It's also important to use IPN system of payment proccessor. It's a good idea to give a editable e-mail template.

2) No need to enter whole shipping information. E-mail address is enough for digital product. So shipping module has need a option to configure the registration option for that.

I hope the problem will be solve soon. Neither it's really wrose for only downloadable products store.

Guest nwosbs

I'm going for CubeCart. But there is not any kind of automatic notification system for digital download. Always take lenghty time cause of manual proccess.

There are two more option need to successfully operating a store of digital/downloadable product:

1) Automaticaly sent a mail with download link of the products. It's also important to use IPN system of payment proccessor. It's a good idea to give a editable e-mail template.

2) No need to enter whole shipping information. E-mail address is enough for digital product. So shipping module has need a option to configure the registration option for that.

I hope the problem will be solve soon. Neither it's really wrose for only downloadable products store.

Wait, just so I am certain I fully understand this, there is NO automated download system for Cubecart? IN short, the process as designed is:

1. Buyer orders digital download.

2. Paypal send me notice of payment.

3. I must then review the digital purchase and then:

4. Manually authorize the purchase as completed and then:

5. Manually generate an e-mail notifying the buyer that they can download their product?

That can't be right.

We live in an era where it takes me 15 seconds to purchase, download, and play the latest Black Eyed Peas hot tune on my cellphone. Cubecart still has digital downloads as a manual process?

Guest gwizard

CubeCart can go both ways, it's up to you.

Let me explain the process:

If orders are set to go to "Processing" state then it will be automatic and customer will get an email with the link to get the file.

If not - not :D

To make it automatic, open modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php and change this line:

$stateUpdate = FALSE;

To this line:

$stateUpdate = TRUE;

That's it.

Guest nwosbs

Wait, just so I am certain I fully understand this, there is NO automated download system for Cubecart? IN short, the process as designed is:

1. Buyer orders digital download.

2. Paypal send me notice of payment.

3. I must then review the digital purchase and then:

4. Manually authorize the purchase as completed and then:

5. Manually generate an e-mail notifying the buyer that they can download their product?

That can't be right.

We live in an era where it takes me 15 seconds to purchase, download, and play the latest Black Eyed Peas hot tune on my cellphone. Cubecart still has digital downloads as a manual process?

Please read my post above :w00t:

Done. I was actually writing my previous post while you were writing yours */*

Got it working. Fully automated.

WOOHOO!!! :D

TYVM :D

CubeCart can go both ways, it's up to you.

Let me explain the process:

If orders are set to go to "Processing" state then it will be automatic and customer will get an email with the link to get the file.

If not - not :(

To make it automatic, open modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php and change this line:

$stateUpdate = FALSE;

To this line:

$stateUpdate = TRUE;

That's it.

Thanks. .. What about shipping information.

Now I'm looking for 2checkout and e-gold. I must check other forum. Thanks gain.