Problem with Tell A Friend and Language Module

Guest denizen

Guest denizen

Greetings, I am having a problem with the tell a friend feature on V4.4.7. When you click on tell a friend it says at the top: Please submit the form below to tell a friend about ''. The product is completely blank; it does this for every product. The message also leaves the product info out in the message and says: I found this '' and thought that you may be interested. I have checked the tellafriend.inc.php inside of language/en/includes/content and it seems fine saying 'fill_out_below' => "Please submit the form below to tell a friend about '%1$s'.", I have also changed skins to see if would fix it; so it's not skin related.

I also clicked languages under modules in admin to research; thinking it may have something to do with the language folder and it is completely blank with it just saying:

Edit Language Files

Current Location: /

The link is under /admin.php?_g=filemanager/language

Did not know if it was supposed to be like that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Guest denizen

Glad to see I am not the only one having this issue. I have figured out the problem. It is a bug in version 4.4.7 kinda like the bug with the thumbnails I assume. How I fixed it was I replaced two files from 4.4.6.

admin/sources/filemanager/language.inc.php - Fixes the language module from not appearing in your admin

and includes/content/tellafriend.inc.php - Fixes the blank product info in the message and the title.

Don't know if this is the best way to fix the issue but it worked for me.

Let me know if this works for you.