Categories Layout

Guest tbladecki

Guest tbladecki

I have many sub-Categories and when you pull up the main Categories the folders are streched all the way over and behind the "popular" dialog box. Can some one plese tell me where I can chage this to only be in the middle section? I add the Cat Desciption Mod and I dont knwo if this is part of the probelm or not. The descritpions are working fine and they did all the way untill I added the sub-Categories. please help me, I am not very good with programing, but I do know some Thank you

I have included a link to show you the problem:

http://www.desertcoralaquatics.com/estore/...viewCat&catId=3

You could try this mod.

includes/viewCat.inc.php

approx line 216

for ($i=0; $i<count($productResults); $i++){

After this line add

$view_cat->assign("TABLED","<td valign=top align=center>");

if ($i==3)

$view_cat->assign("TABLED","<tr><td valign=top align=center>");

if ($i==6)

if ($i==9)

Then in skins/your skin/styleTemplates/content/viewCat

after this line

Approx line 26

<!-- BEGIN: products -->

Add

{TABLED}

Adjust the $i=3 etc to change the quantity of categories per row.

Havent tested but let me know if it works.

Guest tbladecki

Thanks for your input webwonderuk, however this did not fix it. I replaced the includes/viewCat.inc.php with a copy of the org one and reformated my cat descriptions and so far it looks like this method worked, as long as I am not in "max view".

Actually I tied it this morning and it is still not working correctly, evertime I open the window to max view it messes up the formating of the catagories.

I did notice that thecode that you uploaded is plaace after the product info, the problem that I am haivng is with listing the sub catagories not the product. I am only guessing that this is not correct placement, however I am not a programmer and really have no idea how everything is related and works, I only know the basics.

Again I thank you for your assistiance.

Thanks for your input webwonderuk, however this did not fix it. I replaced the includes/viewCat.inc.php with a copy of the org one and reformated my cat descriptions and so far it looks like this method worked, as long as I am not in "max view".

Actually I tied it this morning and it is still not working correctly, evertime I open the window to max view it messes up the formating of the catagories.

I did notice that thecode that you uploaded is plaace after the product info, the problem that I am haivng is with listing the sub catagories not the product. I am only guessing that this is not correct placement, however I am not a programmer and really have no idea how everything is related and works, I only know the basics.

Again I thank you for your assistiance.

Did your problem get fixed yet? I have the same problem like you do. Other sub categories is find except CatID=3

can someone helps please?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tbladecki

I fixed it...... I was so excited this is the first time that I did anything on my own with this product...... and learning more each day. I will post what I did later... I did it yesterday and I have to remember what I did.. I know I just added a <br> to fix it I just have to find out where :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...