possible to control height of doc editor window?

jerseyjoe

The height of the editing window is way too small. At least it is for me, in both IE and Firefox.

As th I open the editor and it loads, the editing area is approximately 150px high, itself already too low. But as soon as the editor finishes loading the editing area pops down to about 50x. There must be a way to increase the height of this mailslot.

In looking at the CSS for the editor, I can not identify an element that configures this screen.

Suggestions, please?

Guest vrakas

I dont really know how this is done but if i was in your situation i would look at this post and try to figure out in those lines (you should remove) how the box is altered.

Thats the best i can do, sorry :whistle:

I'm confused. Not that this condition is news to anyone. I can stand through a half-dozen cycles of Walk / Don't Walk, bemused by redundancy in a situation where only one or the other is sufficient.

So I opened both of the suggested files. The only setting I could find that might affect the height of the editor window was a single cryptic "height" setting that was set at 200.

200 what? is my first question. 200 kumquats is more than my digestive system can process without abdominal distress. If it means 200 dollars, or better yet, 200 Euros, added to my bank account, that might be OK. Is it 200 furballs? Yech.

Without a label, it's 200 nothings.

But since it is the only game in town, I changed it to 600. In both files. Installed them on the server, went back to the Editor in CC admin, refreshed . . . and guess what?

200 nothing still equals 200 nothing. The editor appearance was unchanged.

Does anyone have specific info on exactly which line(s) must be edited to cause the editor window to grow? Maybe Alice has some of that cookie to share?

TIA

OK, I know how to do it. I did that by applying a rule that I learned in in the US Army back in 1953.

"To remove s**t from boot, read the instructions printed on the sole of the boot."

In this instance, the sole of the boot is on the apps Wiki at:

http://wiki.fckeditor.net/Developer%27s_Gu...igurations_File

Specifically it says:

"Important: remember to clear your browser cache when making changes to the configuration files, otherwise you may not see your changes.

If you are using Internet Explorer, hitting CTRL + F5 should suffice to fetch the latest versions of the script. No need to manually clear the browser cache.

If you are using Firefox or other Mozilla's children, hitting Shift+CTRL + R should fetch the latest version with no need to clear the cache (although this method doesn't seem to work at all times, if this fails clear cache manually)."

Once I tilted my boot, or in other words, once I cleared my cache per those instructions, I now have a editor window that is a usable 600px high. Why the default is set for a mail slot is something for another day.