how to remove registration?

jerseyjoe

I urgently need to remove registration from CC3.04

I have a store installed and PayPal Pro activated. An API Certificate is installed and properly configured (confirmed by PayPal Technical Support (not the same thing as PP Merchant Services).

CC Support is unable to tell me why an order cannot be processed. It stops at the Payment stage. I'm getting the error saying only the order failed, which is useless in troubleshooting. PayPal Merchant Services says they will not help because the store requires registration, which they cite as a violation of their TOS.

Broky suggests that I upgrade to 3.05 but until I see all the 3.05 installation and upgrade problems that are reported here resolved I don't see any point in upgrading from 3.04. Also, the 3.04 to 3.05 upgrade guide is silent on the issue of confirming that I will not lose all the skins and products and images (we're looking at 50 hours of work there) - more hassle that I just do not need at this point.

So I have choice but to remove registration, which I hope will not aggravate the problem. If that can be done, at least there's a chance PP/MS will troubleshoot the problem.

BTW, the "we cannot ship to your country" error that CC support fixed in 3.03, is back again because I followed the steps to upgrade to 3.04 by replacing lines in fields and I guess one of them restored the bug.

I am one hour way now from a meeting with a greatly disappointed web site owner. All in all, this is not looking good.

Guest jbdancer

Bummer jerseyjoe

But atm cc is written that the customers need to register always. This because the recuring orders and easier to know who baught what.

In my opinion it will be almost a complete rewrite of the script to do what you want

If that is so then there is a serious problem.

I have a 3.05 store that will not process orders using the PayPal API. It fails at the PP payment step. The API Certificate seems to be properly installed.

CC support says they cannot find a reason PayPal Merchant Support has declined to look at the issue because it violates their TOS.

If CC cannot and PP will not solve the problem, I'm at a dead end with a dis-functional store and an increasingly restless client who wants a working store that uses the PP Pro account she is paying for.

She has told me that if I can't build her a functional CC store, she wants to abandon CC and build a PayPal Store. Sad, too sad.