Taxes in all 50 US States and Canada?

Hello,

I'm a Watkins Distributor, and we are required to tax sales to people based on the State (including in Canada) they are receiving the product. Is there a Mod (that I haven't found yet) that allows me to set the tax rate for each state? I know this can be tricky in some States, but it sure would help me a lot!

Guest sunshine

I only added tax for my state, but can't you go into your admin tax area and 'add' the tax for each state? Edit the first one to your own state tax and change the wording to 'NY State Tax' and then do the same for the other ones? :w00t:

Edited by sunshine

I only added tax for my state, but can't you go into your admin tax area and 'add' the tax for each state? Edit the first one to your own state tax and change the wording to 'NY State Tax' and then do the same for the other ones? :)

No, what that option does is say you are local to that area, and that is the only area you have to tax. In most cases in the US (anyway) you only have to charge taxes if you are shipping locally. Watkins is trying to make all the States happy by paying taxes for all purchases across State lines. Hence I have to charge those taxes, or I lose money out of the profits.

Hi tdbellent,

I believe we need something very similar. I am a Canadian user. I have found countless posts similar to this.

I have put in a request here in the Mod Request page.

I can use your support - please visit the link and voice your opinion there too. If the spec is not enough, add your thoughts - end of the day, we simply need some form of multiple tax mod.

I have a hard date and without it, I need to move on. I have started developing in OSCommerce. (no need to start booing - I'm not using OSC because I want to, I simply don't have a choice and business is business) If it works, I'll let you guys know.