it's baaaaack - cannot ship to your country

jerseyjoe

Last night and this morning I tested the cart (www.vikolya.com) and it was processing orders fine. Test orders went through without a hitch.

Then I went away for a few hours. I returned to a blinking red light on my answering machine and a series of unhappy messages from my client that the "we can't ship to your country" error message is back.

I changed nothing after the successful tests. I can find nothing that the client changed. But as soon as you reach the Address screen and click on "continue" that error comes up. Yet the adress is unchanged from when it worked.

Anyone with a clue? I'm totally like, man, can ya dig it, clueless.

(whisper . . . shhhh . . . I *am* the host.)

In another thread, where someone said they too are having the "can't ship to your country" problem, they said it is not a UPS issue. That inspired me to test that claim.

Guess what? It's a UPS issue-. When I turn off UPS, I can ship; back on again, I can't.

Were this a criminal trial, a jury would vote "guilty" from their seats in the courtroom.

Now, how to fix it? Ahah? Aha-ha-HA!

Suddenly I'm not such a clever guy after all. I know nothing. I am worthless. I am the dung on the heel of a camel. I have less credibility than a certain politician's excuses to make war.

We need a genius. Maybe some 10-year-old will tell us. Speak up, kid.

Guest theorbo

Well, if nothing else, jjoe, you are at least original and funny. I'm sorry I have no other help for you.... it's really convenient to have a webhost to blame things on and ask for help, and so on, but you don't even have that option.

It's odd that UPS is such a problem for some folks. I haven't run into the situation, because from where I am, the only real option for shipping is USPS. Good thing I guess....

Hope someone with more little grey cells than I have comes along to help you out soon!

• 2 weeks later...