Customer Image upload option

Guest bobm

I sell customised photographs and need a way for the customer to upload an image, Say a logo?. Anyone have any ideas.

The image upload function in the Admin control panel is what i need access to maybe through a link on the product page. The image path should be added to the customers order in admins view order.

Anyone heard of anything like this being done or requested before?

Guest estelle

I haven't heard of anything like this requested before.

Although less than ideal, the only currently available solution would be that they upload their image to a web server, flickr, or imagebucket, and then they can provide a link to the URL when completing their order. They could provide the URL either in the checkout comments at the end, or by using my text input mod they could provide the URL when adding the product to their basket.

I did this for a customer before using CC2 tho and basically did it by building two carts on one database and then turned one inside out so that the add_product.php file was usable on store front the customer then added the details and could upload one image into the "store shop" which was not visable to others only admin.

Guest estelle

Sounds (overly) complicated! :rolleyes:

I would create a separate directory, eg. images/customer, and then just locate the code which is used to upload an image, and put it into one of the store front code modules.

I think a nice way to do it would be to have an extra option in My Account, e.g. Manage Images, where the customer can upload/view/delete images, and have no more than 5 images uploaded at any point in time. Then when they are selecting products, they could choose which image they wanted to use to personalize that product. (But this certainly wouldn't be the easiest way to do it!)

Both options sound more complicated than i imagined!. I assumed that as CC has an image upload function that that could be employed to upload the image. I see where estelle is coming from with the idea of limiting the amount of images that are uploaded (everyone and the mothers would be uploading Junk). Maybe email would be the easiest option as there isn’t a mod out there right now.

Thanks everyone for your time

I sell customised photographs and need a way for the customer to upload an image, Say a logo?. Anyone have any ideas.

The image upload function in the Admin control panel is what i need access to maybe through a link on the product page. The image path should be added to the customers order in admins view order.

Anyone heard of anything like this being done or requested before?

If you are selling the photo to the customer, why are they uploading anything to your site? I would treat your sold photo as a "digital" sell, and place it so. When they order the picture/photo/etc, they get the link to the file you created for them, or that they sold.

If they are sending you a picture or logo/etc, have them email it to you?

Guest estelle

I agree, bobm. I really don't think it would be worth the time and effort to develop a nice solution, and email is just so darn easy. You could just add a note to the end of the checkout procedure, "Please remember to email any custom photos/pictures/whatever to [email protected]"