Multi-Box Shipments

Guest jmartinez

Guest jmartinez

OK here it is cc3.0.5 UPS works fine.... as long as I stay under thier 150lb limit. My issue is that two of our products are individual boxes. Is there a way to set up UPS for a multibox shipment by sku? My simple solution is to include shipping in the price, but that is just a patch and does not allow the customers the option of faster shipping than ground unless they call and we calculate it for them. Any solutions?

Guest estelle

If I was in the same situation, I would do the same thing and include shipping in the price. And if you want to allow them to choose between different types of shipping, why don't you just use product options with different prices for each of the shipping methods?

Guest jmartinez

First off I am using cc3.0.5, and if there is a better way of doing this please let me know. With that said...

Here is what I did. First I disabled all shipping options. Then I set up my product options for the shipping rates, you can see that here. Then I ....

Removed lines 156-160 in skins/<yourskin>/styleTemplates/content/cart.tpl

=================================================================

<table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td align="right">{LANG_SHIPPING}</td>

<td width="80" align="right">{VAL_SHIPPING}</td>

</tr>

</table>

This removes the shipping line in the cart so that you are just seeing "Subtotal, Tax, and Cart Total" only. It also appears to be calculating correctly (wheewww).

and then...

Added text line: "Shipping rate is added to each item. Your cart will display the price of product with shipping."

at about line 56-57 of skins/<yourskin>/styleTemplates/content/viewProd.tpl

I have not done this part yet but I am sure that you can edit the language/<yourlang>/lang.inc.php file where

the emails are set up and remove the line "Postage & Packaging: %s" (I think.. again I have not done this yet..)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: %s

E-Mail: %s

Subtotal: %s

Postage & Packaging: %s

Tax: %s

Grand Total: %s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hope this helps someone else,

Josh